2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not calling for his head yet, but he does need to improve on a lot. For me personally he needs to be braver, needs to be more attacking. We are losing and conceding so many cause we are constantly sitting back and inviting pressure in the hope that we can counter. Our attackers are getting isolated, full backs wont commit forward, Midfielders that can't/wont take a shot from range. Maupay is being asked ro be a target man ffs. Are players are no worse than Bournemouths yet they thrashed us twice cause the pushed forward bravely and pounced on errors.

And what does it achieve exactly? Other than to dent our players’ confidence and make them play worse!
Yep, didnt like that at the end - its not helpful. I mean the fans know we are not playing well so is that performance really a big suprise - players dont look good enough but if we dont stick by them...... More positivity needed if we are to crawl out of this mess.

Would you rather he sucked up to them like Martinez regularly did? He’s put 21 different players out from the start in both games and they’ve all put in 2 trash performances, the last time he done it before this week was Palace away, we beat United the week after
He also needs to come out too and blame himself for this mess,the guy has no plan at all by the looks of it.

Combined market value for those two players? 100 mill? Where were we getting that from in the summer?

I think posters didnt actually want the club to start a rebuild.

They just wanted to keep the same squad as last season while adding 1 or 2 ageing experienced attacking players.

Ignoring the FFP issues and how they would be whinging about our defenders/midfielders instead of course.

They just wanted to keep the same squad as last season while adding 1 or 2 ageing experienced attacking players.

Ignoring the FFP issues and how they would be whinging about our defenders/midfielders instead of course.

They never want a rebuild. They just want a silver bullet fix to come in and suddenly we’re brilliant. A new manager and a new striker and we’re a top 6 team, doesn’t work like that though.

This was always going to be a very painful rebuild thanks to the damage that previous recruitment has done. We can’t do now what Newcastle have been able to do in terms of recruiting very good players. It’s going to be a gradual rebuild whilst we balance the books but we have to stay in the league at the same time. Panicking every time we lose a few games is not going to help us.

They never want a rebuild. They just want a silver bullet fix to come in and suddenly we’re brilliant. A new manager and a new striker and we’re a top 6 team, doesn’t work like that though.

This was always going to be a very painful rebuild thanks to the damage that previous recruitment has done. We can’t do now what Newcastle have been able to do in terms of recruiting very good players. It’s going to be a gradual rebuild whilst we balance the books but we have to stay in the league at the same time. Panicking every time we lose a few games is not going to help us.

Agreed. The key to any rebuild is playing the FFP game.

That means higher turnover of players.

Hopefully starting in January.

I just dont fathom his insistence to wait until the 60th minute to make changes especially when you're two down and your team has been dominated the entire first half. Also speaking of baffling developments what role was doucoure supposed to be assuming? Almost looked he had him tasked as a forward/attacking Midfielder?
To some extent, it's starting to feel that Lampard is inflexible in his approach: he is setting us up to play, if you can call it that, and won't change from that.

Whether that's due to feeling his approach is correct (persistent) or he doesn't have another idea, I'm not sure yet.

16 players out. First and squad team (who have at least played)
9 in.

Probably only Forest had more players leave.

A few weeks ago our defence was starting to look very solid, giving away not many goals bar the odd mistake. Unfortunately due to not having anything in midfield or attack the pressure on the defenders has become more and more intense. Other teams are starting to exploit this and just launch wave after wave of attacks resulting in the number of shots on goal we are conceding, and now goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.