New Everton Stadium Discussion

Thank God?

He was a 'kin scumbag.
Mate, no one condones or agrees with what he and at the time many thousands did, in anyway, we surely have learned that lesson and those that haven't can quite frankly crawl back in their tiny neanderthal hovels, although I'm also doing a disservice to neanderthals here.

My point is that the article, as you rightly say, is a hit piece, under no disguise whatsoever, however names tend to endure, people may not say I'm going to Goodison Road, but colloquially they will say "Goodison" etc I think the same may be said for BMD, it may not be fully expressed but I'm betting a fair few will say "I'm heading to Bramley"

Whatever sponsorship Everton eventually secure will be temporary and change according to economics, we will still need a permanent moniker and the enduring name of BMD, IMO will still endure, historically its, its place and name.

We can distance ourselves from its connotations, with a firm nod to the distance we have come, again, rightly so, but if we constantly push statues in docks as some sort of meaningless display of a "stance" we are not paying heed of the lessons we should have learnt.

I agree. I dont hide from it. I ask that a comment from the club should have been sought and the Kopite chimp neber did that because it didn't suit his agenda.

The B-M name will wither away soon enough when the stadium is named.

I've been consistent about this all along...and proven correct. As usual.

He has. Davek was the first to realise this unfortunate connection to the slave trade.

It's no surprise to me that it's now being brought up as others have caught on.

What's this about "thank god" the name won't change?

Dave is spot on, Bramley Moore was scum - his name should rightfully now die.

The sooner the club announce the name of the stadium the better. Because then it will be "the brand stadium development" rather than BMD.

There are now only 11 months of the year.

August has been cancelled as its named after a Roman Empora.

Augusta used millions of mainly white slaves in his legions over many decades building many roads and Cities fighting many wars and defending the Roman Empire.
We should also bulldoze the whole of Merseyside and most of Manchester, as both places were built on the back of slaves.

It's an absurdity that's getting a lot of media attention.

The club need to respond. That's about it as far as I'm concerned. I'm not enraged by the claims; the feller has no credibility and no argument.

I see a club that pays people to get on top of stories like this with their arms folded while a Kopite midden like Hughes is getting a free run at blackguarding us. I'm sorry, but that's wrong.
Let it go Dave,it’s time to wake up and smell the offy.