New Everton Stadium Discussion

I agree. I dont hide from it. I ask that a comment from the club should have been sought and the Kopite chimp neber did that because it didn't suit his agenda.

The B-M name will wither away soon enough when the stadium is named.

I've been consistent about this all along...and proven correct. As usual.
The name has lasted 300 years and I doubt it will ever be replaced....thank god.

Missing the point like a Tom Davies effort on Goal here….sigh.
I’m really not.

I mean, everyone is free to get as worked up by potential misrepresentation as they like.

No one with a brain cell thinks Everton is in any way complicit in the evils of the slave trade by building on a dock named for a slaver.

Any attempt to frame it as such would be laughed off by right thinking people.

I’m happy with Everton’s approach to the whole thing, and I couldn’t care less about the guff from elsewhere.

I’m really not.

I mean, everyone is free to get as worked up by potential misrepresentation as they like.
No one with a brain cell thinks Everton is in any way complicit in the evils of the slave trade by building on a dock named for a slaver.

I’m happy with Everton’s approach to the whole thing, and I couldn’t care less about the guff from elsewhere.
That is exactly what's being attempted. But you reject that for some reason.

The club attempted to control the narrative on this about a year ago but didn't go fully into it. It left a Kopite hack with an idea and a vacuum he could fill it with.

Everton FC should respond and obliterate this as an issue - and call out the lack of professionalism by the Athletic, and Hughes in particular.

That is exactly what's being attempted. But you reject that for some reason.

The club attempted to control the narrative on this about a year ago but didn't go fully into it. It left a Kopite hack with an idea and a vacuum he could fill.

Everton FC should respond and obliterate this as an issue - and call out the lack of professionalism by the Athletic, and Hughes in particular.
He only gets through to people who want to be enraged, Dave.

The rest of the world think it’s absurd.

I’m really not.

100% this, I found the article interesting and Dr Historian who linked up all the details last year to have done a good job rounding up the evidence.

The Dr never done this to bad mouth Everton. What he uncovered was interesting and we shouldn't deny the past but learn from it.

I have 100% faith we as a club will not ignore it but use the history to prove a message of hope and show what we do for the community.

While the editor of the original article will have to do mental gymnastics when Liverpool sells to a petrostate and he claims Petrol is saving the world.

100% this, I found the article interesting and Dr Historian who linked up all the details last year to have done a good job rounding up the evidence.

The Dr never done this to bad mouth Everton. What he uncovered was interesting and we shouldn't deny the past but learn from it.

I have 100% faith we as a club will not ignore it but use the history to prove a message of hope and show what we do for the community.

While the editor of the original article will have to do mental gymnastics when Liverpool sells to a petrostate and he claims Petrol is saving the world.
So many paranoid loons think the world is out to get Everton.

The truth is, the world mostly doesn’t care.

He only gets through to people who want to be enraged, Dave.

The rest of the world think it’s absurd.
It's an absurdity that's getting a lot of media attention.

The club need to respond. That's about it as far as I'm concerned. I'm not enraged by the claims; the feller has no credibility and no argument.

I see a club that pays people to get on top of stories like this with their arms folded while a Kopite midden like Hughes is getting a free run at blackguarding us. I'm sorry, but that's wrong.

It's an absurdity that's getting a lot of media attention.

The club need to respond. That's about it as far as I'm concerned. I'm not enraged by the claims; the feller has no credibility and no argument.

I see a club that pays people to get on top of stories like this with their arms folded while a Kopite midden like Hughes is getting a free run at blackguarding us. I'm sorry, but that's wrong.
I know your heart is in the right place over this, but this publicity really is nothing like as serious as you’re framing it. You’re catastrophising.