New Everton Stadium Discussion

It's obvious politics we're dealing with here. It ought to be seen as such and smashed. Hughes is not interested in engaging in debate: he's interested in only one thing - taking the shine off that new stadium and winding Evertonians up.

Wake up and smell the coffee.
Try not being bothered, Dave.

Or carry on shouting at clouds. Whatever works best for you.

Try not being bothered, Dave.

Or carry on shouting at clouds. Whatever works best for you.
You cant turn the other cheek. It's not possible in this scenario. If a divvy like Hughes takes the piss and goes unanswered then others will try it too.

Everton FC should really be all over this and deal with it as an issue. And while they're making that explanation they should ask why a journalist in a national sports newspaper didn't think it was a good idea to ask them for a comment in the first place.

Hughes should be 'kin buried over this and not - as you apear to be doing - made into a serious journalist 'just dealing honestly' with a historical injustice.

You cant turn the other cheek. It's not possible in this scenario. If a divvy like Hughes takes the piss and goes unanswered then others will try it too.

Everton FC should really be all over this and deal with it as an issue. And while they're making that explanation they should ask why a journalist in a national sports newspaper didn't think it was a good idea to ask them for a comment in the first place.

Hughes should be 'kin buried over this and not - as you apear to be doing - made into a serious journalist 'just dealing honestly' with a historical injustice.
Its very easy to turn the other cheek.

Embrace the Bramley Moore.

The little scrote wants us to hide from something that happened 300 years ago, I dont hide from history, cos I cant change it, all we can do is make sure the mistakes of the past are remembered.

Messaged them about what?

Journalists doing factual, historical pieces?

I thought that video was interesting.
Missing the point a little fella.

No issue with the content, the timing sticks and why link it to anything to do with the new ground?

It’s just ridiculous nonsense from a kopite allowed to have a go at everton, nothing more than that, hence why I’ve messaged the club.

I know, Let’s demolish the town hall as it was built and paid for by the slave traders? Same with the Lyceum, which was founded by slavers.

How about We rename Goree in town - can’t have that this day and age, with it being named after the island off the coast of Senegal where ships from Liverpool would go to buy slaves.

Let’s rename the majority of the city centre as Bold st, Earle St, Cropper st etc we’re all named after notable slave traders, just as BMD was?

Sorry, it’s all nonsense, I’m chatting wham. Just like the Hughes article about BMD and its relationship with Everton.

Glad you enjoyed the video.

The little scrote wants us to hide from something that happened 300 years ago, I dont hide from history, cos I cant change it, all we can do is make sure the mistakes of the past are remembered.
I agree, we should embrace the history of the site and all that entails.

The world would be a much better place if certain tragic events that happened in Belgium were given the appropriate reverence and remorse by the perpetrators.

We should also call out so called “journalists” for crap reporting, writing and potentially damaging articles with no substance in their links to Everton fc, aside from the geography of the new ground.

Best thing to do is sit and wait.

Hughes since this article has already written about LFC this week having to give up its morals if they want an owner to match Man City.

If a oil state buys Big Red lets see what he does.

Best thing to do is sit and wait.

Hughes since this article has already written about LFC this week having to give up its morals if they want an owner to match Man City.

If a oil state buys Big Red lets see what he does.
It'll be spun by him, because he's a hack and a propagandist.

...in any case "it's morals"?!

What, pray, may they be? Murdering foreigners? Refusing to sign players of a certain ethno-religious persuasion? Tormenting residents around Anfield and then bulldozing their houses?

I agree. I dont hide from it. I ask that a comment from the club should have been sought and the Kopite chimp neber did that because it didn't suit his agenda.

The B-M name will wither away soon enough when the stadium is named.

I've been consistent about this all along...and proven correct. As usual.