2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really do have to question the mindset of the manager and his many coaches who see the standard of these players and how they function together on a daily basis . Yet... he still thinks its OK to not only play them when it's unnecessary, but also worse still, lump the bloody lot of 'em together in one side. Madness.
One or two maybe but most of them? That was suicide

But we already knew, and long ago.

Did we really need to watch those players play again and suffer the embarassment of getting thrashed by Bournemouth reserves?

The manager got it 1 million percent wrong on this one.

I think to be fair, many of those players had a key role and showed some character in contributing to keeping us up last year, Holgate, Keane, Doucore and Mina, when you are managing a team, im sure that context cant be ignored and that may explain some of the loyalty of belief that they can contribute in the like of the league cup - that has been evidenced not to be the case, however i dont think its wholly illogical or as black and white and your post would suggest. The game is a 24 man game now not a game of just 11 player. No doubt the players last night, can have any complaints about warming the bench or being low hanging fruit to be player traded on the evidence last night mind.

He is on film telling Dele what will happen to him, (Danny rose too who can't get a club).

United signing players they don't suit including calling Pogba a virus.

Goes to Roma and wins a European trophy and has their best record.

He’s one of the best managers in the history of football but bottom half Everton apparently deserved better

dude seriously you realize missing chances is part of football right? every team in world football could argue the same point for every single game they play

I said that in the post though. But these aren't even half chances, they're chances most premier league teams out away.

I've said before we're 13th in the league for Big Chances Missed.

We're a Richarlison away from being comfortably midtable. We get someone in January who nets 5 goals minimum we'll be fine.

Been saying it for 4 transfer windows now mate.

Its good we have improved the defence massively, its good the midfield has got new legs in, however the area which we have been crying out for is someone who has ANY shred of creativity.

Gordon offers non, no matter what level of Gordon he becomes - he massively needs to up his game (but he is young it might come), Gray offers little creativity but is a good outlet with his pace and hitting on the break (the way he should be used).

Our midfield, even with how good Iwobi has been creatively still doesn't offer enough. I know Onana is young, and its probably not his. game but I've watched him amble around as a second striker for some of the games this season and could count the touches he had on one hand (specially against LCFC).

If we dont buy creative players, it doesn't matter who we have upfront. We have players who need 4/5 chances to score, and we create about 2 a game.

100%.

Needs another window to improve that. Was never going to do the whole overhaul in 1 window

I think to be fair, many of those players had a key role and showed some character in contributing to keeping us up last year, Holgate, Keane, Doucore and Mina, when you are managing a team, im sure that context cant be ignored and that may explain some of the loyalty of belief that they can contribute in the like of the league cup - that has been evidenced not to be the case, however i dont think its wholly illogical or as black and white and your post would suggest. The game is a 24 man game now not a game of just 11 player. No doubt the players last night, can have any complaints about warming the bench or being low hanging fruit to be player traded on the evidence last night mind.
There's no way he genuinely wanted to give those players a chance last night. He effectively just threw the game, I don't think there's any doubt about that. If we win on Saturday then maybe it can go down as the right decision. I don't see any point pretending the players let him down or whatever, he knew what he was doing.

I genuinely think either Lampard forgot just how unforgivable useless these players from last year are or he just thrown them a bone to give them a chance.

If its the latter, they did not take that chance and they ruined any chance they had of ever playing again.
I think that's exactly what he did (understandably so) and he basically said as much post-game about this is why these lads aren't starting every week. Senior players were given an opportunity to show why they should be in the starting 11 every week and they blew it.

I said that in the post though. But these aren't even half chances, they're chances most premier league teams out away.

I've said before we're 13th in the league for Big Chances Missed.
A big part of it is that we don't create many chances, so a lot of them kind of come out of the blue from a mistake or whatever, and players snatch at them because they were unexpected and/or they know we only get one.

Genreally speaking though, the teams we're playing tend to have many more chances in games than we do, so just isolating our misses and not taking into account the fact the opposition could have scored more too doesn't really add anything to the analysis of the situation.

I genuinely think either Lampard forgot just how unforgivable useless these players from last year are or he just thrown them a bone to give them a chance.

If its the latter, they did not take that chance and they ruined any chance they had of ever playing again.
he knows his job is on the line and is trying to get fans on his side against the players.

He needs to call out the absolute clowns who played in that starting 11 tonight. If he tries to claim we played well in the first half and were just let down by poor finishing then he will find fans quickly start to turn on him.
He did call them out. Said in post-game that these players wanted minutes, they're getting paid a lot of money, but they didn't perform and that is why they aren't in the first 11. Kudos to him for telling it like it is.

He did call them out. Said in post-game that these players wanted minutes, they're getting paid a lot of money, but they didn't perform and that is why they aren't in the first 11. Kudos to him for telling it like it is.
What does it achieve though? It doesn't look like management to me. If I was one of those players I'd be thinking 'Hang on, I've gotten worse under this fella', he is like the anti- Ancelotti.

There's no way he genuinely wanted to give those players a chance last night. He effectively just threw the game, I don't think there's any doubt about that. If we win on Saturday then maybe it can go down as the right decision. I don't see any point pretending the players let him down or whatever, he knew what he was doing.
I don't think any manager in his position, would willingly throw a game at a time like this.. it could very easily be the difference between having a job and being unemployed.

Villa managed to pluck 5 time Europa League winner Unai Emery from Villarreal. Wolves have just hired ex-Spain, Real Madrid and Sevilla manager Lopetegui.

The draw of the premier league is massive, the draw of this football club moving into a brand new stadium will be massive.

If we moved Lampard out and Zidane in.

Would he magically pass on his powers to Maupay?

Really need to stick with the setup we have and allow it to develop.

Thing is for me mate, and dont know if you've seen my posts am 100% not saying sack this manager. However like any manager he shouldn't be beyond criticism.

Last night for me is on him, he picked the players who nearly relegated us last season, in a formation which clearly they couldn't play last season which is why he switched it.

His subs are at times baffling and he doesn't seem to know how to change a game tactically.

I dont want him sacked, we can't carry on with that, but he isn't beyond criticism and last night he has massively put the pressure on himself - not the league 2 footballers he picked last night - unfortunately most of those players have been through 4/5 managers, if it carries on I fear our crazy owner will let them see another one out the door.

I really dont see the issue with last night.

Posted a few pages back my thoughts on him using the game for several reasons, not least to showcase the dross.

Now Thelwell has until the window to line up sales and incomings.

Are you questioning why people would swap Lampard for Tuchel ??

*not that I think Tuchel would actually come here but still.

Yes.

Tuchel replaced Lampard and achieved champs league success for 2nd half a season -- Lampard saved us from relegation.

Aside from that half season, what success did Tuchel have over Lampard at Chelsea?

Also what did he achieve at PSG which was groundbreaking?

Do you like his formation?

Same as the above post i made to you...can he magically turn Maupay into a goal threat or Gray into a assist machine?

Lots on here now saying should of gone for arteta. FFFS we would of hounded him out after 6 months, arsenal fans did try

Exactly...were seeing the same with Lampard.

Status
Not open for further replies.