2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lids on here were tipping Lage last season weren’t rhey? Just like they did Bielsa Hasenhuttl Rodgers Wilder etc.

The theme is the same, doesn’t matter how good a manager you are, if you’re at a bottom 14 club and get some injuries, you’ll end up battling relegation and getting fired, doesn’t matter how well run the club is.

Where are Leicester and Wolves brilliant recruitment now?

Garth Crooks:
"Everton are still some way from becoming a top-six side but anything less will see Lampard fighting to retain his job."

?????
Can't we just have a normal media reaction for once?
It’s quite easy to see why they come out with this crap, media absolutely despise us because we’ve dared to try to break their “big 6” before and failed to do so. Happens to every team that’s done it and sustained any sort of pressure, problem is no other team has been “7th best” as consistently as us over the last 30 years.

The media have their darlings that they know will generate revenue for them, you know who doesn’t, the likes of us, Leicester, West Ham etc. They want to paint us as unrealistic in wanting top 6 so by the end of the season they can say Lampard under achieved no matter what he does.

It’s also no secret that Lampard is the black sheep of the 3 great England midfielders over the last 20 years with Scholes and Gerrard, that bias has very clearly continued into his management career too. Both were better than Gerrard by a distance in all metrics, it’s can be argued either way if Scholes or Lampard were better but Gerrard and Liverpool were the darlings so he was always put into the conversation, same thing happening with them as managers now. Gerrard had one decent season in management, winning a two horse race when Celtic downed tools under Neil Lennon and that’s seen as some sort of achievement yet Lampard in his first season got to the play off final, in a tougher league and then under a transfer ban took Chelsea to the Champions League where they went on to win it next year when no one gave them a chance of it at all.

The British sports media may genuinely be the worst in the world because of their intense and obvious bias towards some individuals and clubs. The simple fact of it is Lampard will always be a failure of a manager in their eyes, unless he goes back to Chelsea and wins the league, much like how Richarlison was a dirty diving cheat when he played here but now that he’s at Spurs he’s industrious, hard working and a good goal scorer.

It’s no wonder when “journalists” like this are out there, as well as many others, that the rise of fan channels and dredge like TalkSport has become so popular, at least if you listen to things like that you’re either getting something you know from the outset is biased in fan channels or in TalkSport you’re getting the opinions, as braindead as they may be, from people who played the game and also wear their biases on their sleeve.

Garth Crooks:
"Everton are still some way from becoming a top-six side but anything less will see Lampard fighting to retain his job."

?????
Can't we just have a normal media reaction for once?

Someone at the club should publicly address this and embarrass the absolute cretin, he doesn’t have a clue. The media still cannot take the fact that we survived last season.

7 games until the World Cup, think we should be aiming for 5 wins or 4 wins a draw, that’ll set us up nicely going into the restart of the season after Christmas. Next 3 are gonna be very tough games so if we came out with nothing our heads shouldn’t be falling off as long as we win the ones after which aren’t the worst fixtures in a stretch.

3 points against United, Spurs and Newcastle would do me realistically and wins in the easier fixtures after it. Would logically leave us probably around 25 points after 15 games which over a season is probably 60+ points, wouldn’t be too shabby and not beyond possibility.

If we win 5 of our next 7 games then we’re in top 4 form which would be unbelievable. I can’t see it myself but I think it very important not to hit the meltdown button if we lose to a team we think we should be beating, as we are still very much a bottom half side with a bit of a patched up squad and weaknesses that can be exploited. 12th this season without any relegation worries would still be a success for me.

If we win 5 of our next 7 games then we’re in top 4 form which would be unbelievable. I can’t see it myself but I think it very important not to hit the meltdown button if we lose to a team we think we should be beating, as we are still very much a bottom half side with a bit of a patched up squad and weaknesses that can be exploited. 12th this season without any relegation worries would still be a success for me.
Apart from the the 6 who we know will finish above us what other 5-6 clubs do you think will finish above us?

Status
Not open for further replies.