Arsenal U21s 3-0 Everton U21s

The score line flattered Arsenal tonight at Underhill with a 3-0 victory with Everton giving them a game with George Green having an impressive outing for the Blues.

Everton conceded a hotly disputed penalty a minute before the interval and 3 minutes before the end of the game Arsenal were awarded another penalty with the third arriving in the 90th minute.

Alan Stubbs and his team arrived at Underhill to face Terry Burton’s Arsenal that had won their opening two games scoring six and conceding one. On the other side of the coin Everton had only scored 2 and conceded 8 from their two games with 5 coming against West Ham last Sunday at Finch Farm.

Ross Barkley was made captain for the evening as Arsenal saw more of the ball than Everton with Everton failing to create any real cut chances although Lundstram sent a volleyed effort way off the target.

Green on a couple of occasions was brought down and from a free kick, Gueye was just inches over the bar.
Arsenal had the first real chance of the game on the half hour as the Gunners were awarded a free kick which resulted in Chuks Aneke beating the Everton wall and Taudul looking beaten but thankfully the effort was off target.

Just as the teams looked to be heading in level at the break, Everton will feel hardly done to as the referee gave a penalty after Browning looked to have won the ball cleanly with Meade threatening on goal. The ref pointed to the spot which Sanchez Watt despatched to put the host’s in front.



The home side looked the brighter of the two teams in the second period with the downward slop of the pitch in their favour. 3 minutes into the half Everton had a lucky escape as Meade’s shot came off the post.

Taudul had to be on his guard as he saved well with his legs from Watt then for the visitors, Tyias Browning was using the width attacking but failed to make any concerns for the home side.

Everton’s defence were starting to be put under immense pressure, firstly Meade in acres of space spurned a chance then Taudul once more to deny Thomas Eisfeld.

George Green almost levelled for the Merseysiders after good work from Garbutt whose delivery was not cleared as ‘keeper Shea made an important stop to deny Green some glory.

Everton were also denied a good shout for a penalty as Hallam Hope was brought down but the referee saw different and waved the play on with Alan Stubbs looking furious on the line.

A back pass which Taudul failed to control as Meade pressurised with 5 minutes left on the clock was forced to be fouled by the Everton keeper to concede the second penalty of the game which proved decisive as Watt doubled his tally.

Right at the death the game was put out of Everton’s grasp as Arsenal created an intelligent build up to be finished off by substitute Kyle Embcelio.



Arsenal: Shea, Bellerin, Angha, Miquel, Monteiro, Eastmond, Eisfeld (Embecilio 58), Yennaris, Meade, Aneke, Watt. Subs: Vickers, Bihmoutine, Olsson,

Everton: Taudul, Browning, Garbutt, Hammar, Pennington, Lundstram, Gueye, Barkley(C), Hope,Kelly(Jones 55), Green(Touray 81).Subs: Springthorpe, , Forrester, Long

My Cart Close (×)

Your cart is empty
Browse Shop