Wolfsburg Away

Status
Not open for further replies.
me and 8 others are flying from East Midlands airport to Berlin on the Wed morning at 7:45am
Going to look around Berlin on the Wednesday then get the train into Wolfsburg Wednesday night
Hotel in wolfsburg Wed night - all day in Wolfsburg Thursday
Then first class on the wolfsburg to Berlin train (this was about £2-3 more than standard class) it includes drink and a bite to eat!
Hotel in berlin airport
11:00am flight then berlin to East Midlands on the Friday

Flights were £60 each return
Hotel in wolfsburg is an apartment and was £70
Hotel in berlin airport was £60
Train was £20 each

£210 all in - two nights in Germany/flights/trains - we did book the second the draw came online.

Booked tickets in the "neutral" section a month ago.
Flights were expensive, and logistics tricky, so we're driving over. Through the tunnel and overnight on Wednesday at Venlo. Over to Wolfsburg on Thursday. Friday night in Bruges. A proper road trip.
Wolfsburg is twinned with Luton, which is all you need to know! It doesn't have a traditional medieval square like every other German town. However it has one of the highest per capita incomes in Germany, so there must be some refreshment places for the locals to spend all their money.
We're staying in a place called Gifhorn, about 3 miles outside the centre.

@EFCNIK

me and 8 others are flying from East Midlands airport to Berlin on the Wed morning at 7:45am
Going to look around Berlin on the Wednesday then get the train into Wolfsburg Wednesday night
Then first class on the wolfsburg to Berlin train (this was about £2-3 more than standard class) it includes drink and a bite to eat!
Hotel in berlin airport

Train was £20 each

£210 all in - two nights in Germany/flights/trains - we did book the second the draw came online.

Im on the same flight, only we're staying in Berlin, and just getting the train in and out of Wolfsburg on the day.

Im on the same flight, only we're staying in Berlin, and just getting the train in and out of Wolfsburg on the day.

Nice mate. Will have to say hello.

What's John Aldridge been saying now then ? I'll have to speak to my mate and get that flag re-made the one we took to Krasnodar 'John Aldridge is a C U N T'

Hotel in berlin airport

Train was £20 each

We're staying in Berlin on Wednesday night. Hotels are cheaper and a night on the lash in Berlin seems a bit livelier than Wolfsburg. Getting the train to Wolfsburg Thursday lunchtime

People who have booked trains, what did you select as your identification document?
The only option that looks usable if your from the uk is a credit card and I haven't got one. Reckon a debit card would be ok?

That's what I'm using as Id, although passport will be carried too.

We're staying in Berlin on Wednesday night. Hotels are cheaper and a night on the lash in Berlin seems a bit livelier than Wolfsburg. Getting the train to Wolfsburg Thursday lunchtime

Sounds good that mate. I'm going to speak to the others now and see if they fancy doing that. We can un-book our hotels until a day before at no extra cost.

Are the cheaper tickets 'standing'?

As far as i'm aware, i think it's priced by location. So behind the goal is €20 (£15), and along the side is a bit more expensive at €30 (£22). Failing that. Upper tier, and lower tier may be part of the structure. There aren't any 'Standing' tickets for Europa, so i couldnt comment, but i'd imagine the lower tier would have been the standing bit. As for the Obstructed Views, they will definitely be the tickets behind the cages.

Are the cheaper tickets 'standing'?
this with seats folded out I think
-
028_zpsc89fa810.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.