whats Moyes playing at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this was Glasgow he would get 3 months in Bar-L

Big Dunc.

Hopefully DM and his honesty will lessen the punishment.

Keep hearing that mate.

But Duncan wasn't given 3 months for the single act of assault on the pitch in Glasgow, it was for four convictions. (Taxi rank fight, pub fight - think he also assaulted a police officer)

If this was Glasgow he would get 3 months in Bar-L

Big Dunc.

Hopefully DM and his honesty will lessen the punishment.

Moyes was only talking about the headbutt, when he said he would accept the ban, had he known the other 2 incidents would also be looked into he wouldnt of said it.

I'm not saying he was wrong to admit it. I'm saying he was wrong not to even bother trying to mitigate the circumstances and try to ensure Felli only got the three match ban for violent conduct. He's left it wide open for him to get 6+games if they want.

Can anyone show me one single benefit EFC get from this stance? We certainly don't get preferential treatment from refs, cos we've been getting had off all season.

agree mate I said the same yesterday he should of either said he didnt see it OR said he saw it, we will accept the ban but also mention how the ref failed to provide cover for felli with their defenders dragging him around all game but as usual he didnt.

This is why IMO he could never manage a top side as most top class players are at times idiots, ronaldo, tevez, suarez, rooney, etc. all loose cannons at times yet all have been defended in the past by their managers for their antics to make them feel the club is behind them, can you imagine moyes handling these sort of players? all top teams benefit from their managers highlighting bad officials and other teams "tough" players they get the decisions that in the end can help them get top 4 and trophies and we dont and wont do til Moyes learns to fight fire with fire.

I love Moyes but he got it wrong here if your not gonna defend your player atleast mention why he did what he did.

You can't defend the indefensible lad. We hate Rodgers for not being honest about Suarez so let's not be hypocrites.

But Suarez didnt get any retrospective action because the Toad face chunt deflects what he does. So he's won that fight even if it makes Rodgers look like a tit. His player isnt getting banned.

So now Moyes is getting slammed for being honest? Fellaini was an absaloute tit and deserves what he is going to get, you cannot defend what he did and if it was Suarez who had done it and we seen their fans try to defend him we would be laughing our tits off at them.

Get a grip he deserves whatever punishment he gets.

But Suarez didnt get any retrospective action because the Toad face chunt deflects what he does. So he's won that fight even if it makes Rodgers look like a tit. His player isnt getting banned.

But fellaini deserves to be banned why should he get away with it just because he is our player?

Exactly. I hate cheating, players surrounding refs and managers slating them, but, while everyone else is at it we need to be.

It's not Evertons responsibility to bring a bit of morality to the Premier League.

Keep hearing that mate.

But Duncan wasn't given 3 months for the single act of assault on the pitch in Glasgow, it was for four convictions. (Taxi rank fight, pub fight - think he also assaulted a police officer)

I know that before the trial the pressure was on to jail him because assault is assault on the pitch or not.
Obviously his reputation didn’t help. Glasgow judges are full on when it comes to head butts.

Let’s wait and see, I do think that DM's honesty will help lessen the punishment. Well, let’s hope so.

agree mate I said the same yesterday he should of either said he didnt see it OR said he saw it, we will accept the ban but also mention how the ref failed to provide cover for felli with their defenders dragging him around all game but as usual he didnt.

This is why IMO he could never manage a top side as most top class players are at times idiots, ronaldo, tevez, suarez, rooney, etc. all loose cannons at times yet all have been defended in the past by their managers for their antics to make them feel the club is behind them, can you imagine moyes handling these sort of players? all top teams benefit from their managers highlighting bad officials and other teams "tough" players they get the decisions that in the end can help them get top 4 and trophies and we dont and wont do til Moyes learns to fight fire with fire.

I love Moyes but he got it wrong here if your not gonna defend your player atleast mention why he did what he did.

what???

he did what he did becuase he couldnt get past shawcross, he usually gets the best of most PL defenders but in some games cant in this instance he lost it.

It has happened before and he has had to be calmed down, this time he lost it

So now Moyes is getting slammed for being honest? Fellaini was an absaloute tit and deserves what he is going to get, you cannot defend what he did and if it was Suarez who had done it and we seen their fans try to defend him we would be laughing our tits off at them.

So if he gets a six match ban when we could have played the media game a bit better and got him four you'd be happy with that?

nailed on.
best post in this thread.

I was amazingly proud of how we handled yesterday's situation.

What Fellaini did has no place at our club, and I'm pleased we didn't try to lessen or obfuscate it.

Yes he was being provoked, but he just needs to accept that he's going to be a marked man by the opposition and get a grip on himself. It's been shown by a couple of teams lately that the one way to stop him is to try to get under his skin, so more and more people are going to try it, and he can't react how he did yesterday.

Well done Moyes, it's nice to finally see some honesty from a football manager - might shame others into following suit, and well done Felli for having the balls to apologise so quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.