whats Moyes playing at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steken1

Player Valuation: £70m
Is honesty the best policy?

Moyes comments after the match have guaranteed Felli a big ban IMO. He's give the all clear for muppets like Lawrenson to give Felli loads, which he did.

When did you hear Ferguson calling Keane a thug? When did Wenger ever admit his side were all dirty cheats? Has Brenda come out and called Suarez a diver?

More chance of winning the lottery than seeing that because they all don't feel the need to be an honest john, as they know your putting your own side at a disadvantage.

You can't defend the indefensible lad. We hate Rodgers for not being honest about Suarez so let's not be hypocrites.

It's either naive in the extreme or part of some smart plan to mitigate the ban. I personally think it's Moyes wanting to come out as this strong, honest bloke who tells it like it is. He should have focused on the crap that Shawcross was doing. He can't defend Felli's actions but he should have put forward the provocation. That at least could be part of a defence to reduce a ban.

You may have a point becaus MOTD & Talkcrap are muting it dhould be 9-12 games - Micky Quinn could not contain himself this am - yesterday LFC were a top 2 side in his eyes he predicted a 3-0 win this am after the Villa thumping Brenda is crap & he fears the worse!!!!!!!

You can't defend the indefensible lad. We hate Rodgers for not being honest about Suarez so let's not be hypocrites.

Spot on this.

If he'd come out and said he hadn't seen it, we'd all be giving him pelters. If Rodgers or Wenger had said it, they'd be a laughing stock on here.

However, while he was right to be honest about it, he should have also pointed out that it was as a result of constant provocation that the referee did nothing to stop.

Spot on this.

If he'd come out and said he hadn't seen it, we'd all be giving him pelters. If Rodgers or Wenger had said it, they'd be a laughing stock on here.

However, while he was right to be honest about it, he should have also pointed out that it was as a result of constant provocation that the referee did nothing to stop.

Fellaini said that bit.

I actually like the honesty. We all slated dalglish last year for defending Suarez and backing him so much. I think Moyes is hoping the honesty and forcing the player to apologise immediately will reduce the ban- we shall see

Moyes came out and fumed. Fellaini came out and apologised. I see nothing wrong there tbh.
The FA were always going to ban him for it, regardless of what Moyes said ffs.

No but he could have tried to mitigate it a bit. Ferguson would have been talking about extreme provocation and how Shawcross is a dirty type and how Mo never gets anything off refs.

It's purely Moyes wanting to be seen as a stand-up, honest man. I can't see a single benefit EFC get from it.

He is going to get a ban regardless of what the manager says about the incident.

People laugh/moan when managers like Rogers and Wenger come out and say 'I didn't see it' or 'I always back my players' and now we're moaning because our manager says it as it is and doesn't come out of it looking like a [Poor language removed]. I don't understand some peoples thought process.

I actually like the honesty. We all slated dalglish last year for defending Suarez and backing him so much. I think Moyes is hoping the honesty and forcing the player to apologise immediately will reduce the ban- we shall see

I agree - but full honestly would have been to also make a point of what Shawcross had done. If he had then the media today would at least have acknowledged it

Status
Not open for further replies.