whats Moyes playing at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is going to get a ban regardless of what the manager says about the incident.

People laugh/moan when managers like Rogers and Wenger come out and say 'I didn't see it' or 'I always back my players' and now we're moaning because our manager says it as it is and doesn't come out of it looking like a [Poor language removed]. I don't understand some peoples thought process.

I don't think anyone apart from the OP is saying Moyes was wrong to admit what had happened. Definitely agree had he tried to swerve it then it would have looked ridiculous.

I don't see how the opinion of the player's manager - therefore obviously biased - will influence the decision here. It is pretty obvious. The FA will make their decision we can appeal it if we want. Fellaini was a big a tit as Beckham was in 98 amongst others.

The talk of a 9 month ban is ridiculous as players committing the same offence have only got 3 bans - just Koppites sounding off in the media.

I don't think anyone apart from the OP is saying Moyes was wrong to admit what had happened. Definitely agree had he tried to swerve it then it would have looked ridiculous.

I'm not saying he was wrong to admit it. I'm saying he was wrong not to even bother trying to mitigate the circumstances and try to ensure Felli only got the three match ban for violent conduct. He's left it wide open for him to get 6+games if they want.

Can anyone show me one single benefit EFC get from this stance? We certainly don't get preferential treatment from refs, cos we've been getting had off all season.

Moyes. Right message, wrong delivery.

Should have mentioned frustration getting the better of him, Man City penalty, Fellaini being manhandled himself at every set piece, referee protection and then went on to condemn.

But what will happen now is Felli will be watched like a hawk at every set play, and hopefully win a few penalties himself as a result.

I'm not saying he was wrong to admit it. I'm saying he was wrong not to even bother trying to mitigate the circumstances and try to ensure Felli only got the three match ban for violent conduct. He's left it wide open for him to get 6+games if they want.

Can anyone show me one single benefit EFC get from this stance? We certainly don't get preferential treatment from refs, cos we've been getting had off all season.

Sorry I must have misunderstood your post. You said that "Moyes comments after the match have guaranteed Felli a big ban IMO".

I don't have a problem with anything Moyes actually said.

I just wish he'd have said more and simply stated the obvious fact that Shawcross was all over him like a rash and holding him back at every opportunity. You can't defend what Felli did but you can make clear there was provocation and that Shawcross shouldnt be coming out of this looking like a saint.

I agree with the rest of what you've said.

Moyes did the right thing, it's what i'd expect from the manager of Everton. Fellaini also was right in his immediate apology, showed Liverpool how to address these kinds of situations. I believe Fellaini will get a 6 game ban maximum, but more likely a 3/4 game ban for violent conduct.

What Moyes should have said was:

- What Felli did was bang out of order. It cannot be defended and had the ref seen it he would have been rightly sent off

- But Felli was being pulled and dragged by Shawcross. He was provoked and lost his cool. That is of course wrong but it plainly wouldn't have happened if Felli had had full protection from the ref. Let's remember what happened at Man City and how the ref stepped in there

- Felli will be punished internally as what happened does not sit with how the club wants to see its players acting. However, I would just make the point that there was clearly no real force in it. If a 6ft 5inch athlete really wants to head butt or punch someone then they stay down. Shawcross hasn't got a mark on him. Felli was frustrated and made a mistake.

Moyes did the right thing, it's what i'd expect from the manager of Everton. Fellaini also was right in his immediate apology, showed Liverpool how to address these kinds of situations. I believe Fellaini will get a 6 game ban maximum, but more likely a 3/4 game ban for violent conduct.

I still feel that is harsh if the ref or liner had seen it straight red = 3 games so by being honest quite rightly we get more punishment is that right???????

I hope that the way the club and Felli handled themselves limits the damages regarding the penalty. If not then I'll just fume.

He was right to say that he had seen it, that it was wrong and that it will be dealt with in house.

Not trying to turn this in to a Liverpool debate but I think the reason rodgers and dogleash defended suarez so much is because he was their best player. Would charly adam or joe cole "never walk alone"? I somewhat doubt it. They won't say boo to Suarez because they don't want him to leave and if he does they don't want to depreciate his value. Their whole approach makes them look like idiots and the whole premiership see it.

Now I have said what Moyes has done up to know is correct but that should be an end to it now. The club will give him a fine for his behavior and this is to be expected. But lets not go overboard. Whatever the punishment, we accept it and move on. If we join in with everyone else and give him a shooing, we are not exactly giving him a reason to stay loyal to us in the future and if he does go his value will depreciate.

Remember how Big Dunc never forgot the support he got from the club, through his numerous misdemeanors. Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal would all love to see him being hit with a massive ban because he is a quality player who could end up costing them come the end if the season. Them and their friends in the media will spend the next few days begging the FA to impose the biggest ban. We need to accept the punishment (as long as its not way over the top), support the lad, unite and move on. Don't let it unsettle the club or player

Actually not all of us criticise other managers when they "don't see it" or defend their players because they're just playing the game.

Moyes is playing by being the bigger man and telling the truth, can't complain about that but like others said, condemn it and defend it would have been a better path.

Might not make any difference though but maybe it would.

This honesty nonsense just makes us so much easier to rip off. Refs can give decisions against us all day and no one will question it, players can foul us and we just jump back up and then if we do anything wrong we hang ourselves in public.

Can anyone show me a singlew benefit to us in terms of points, treatment from officials or anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.