Show me the money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who arsed what those graphs say though lads.. Bottom line is, Kenwrights a Blue, init.*

*BRB, Just going to clap*

Of course it doesn't. We've got one of the best 6 squads in the league and we're only paying them the tenth highest wages.

The RS and Arsenal for instance vastly overpay their players. So do Sunderland, Newcastle, Villa etc.

What I am saying is that the gap between the wages we pay (and so the players we can afford) and the wages the very top teams in this league pay is big enough that this 40 million isn't going to mean we can bring in a rooney or a van persie or a toure or a mata.

Nor is it going to mean that fellaini or mirallas won't bugger off at the first chance.

I want everton to win the league. This TV money will not make that happen and doesn't change the fact that we need board change for that to happen.

The league is a million miles away mate, I don't think the top 4 is though.

You have a point regarding buying ESTABLISHED very top tier players like RVP or Mata etc (even thought I think we should go all out to get Rooney). But the likes of Dembele, or a Fellaini, or a Mirallas are evidently not out of our league. Moyes won't be able to shop at Harrods, but he can invest in goods bought at Waitrose.

Also Fellaini has been at Everton for about 5 years, Baines has been here longer, Arteta was at Everton for ages. I don't think the top4 are snatching our players at the drop of a hat. They're well paid players who get a very good deal at Everton. It takes a big bid from another club to make our players move.

Last edited:
Market-stall mentality in a world go big bucks business.

What we do on the green baize is irrelevant. If we won the Champions League we'd still be short of new kits hitting the shelves in May to sell to kids going all over the World for their jollies and promoting the brand for free. We'd still be sitting 2000 paying supporters behind a pillar for the princely reduction of one full English pound, and we'd still have worse ****ters than Accrington Stanley. We would still have 'hocked' our training facility and would still be fannying around with ****bag controlling our kit and garment marketing.

We haven't got a clue as a business. Our CEO and our Chairman appear to be unable to read and explain a simple set of accounts.

The Trotters of the Premiership.

Of course it doesn't. We've got one of the best 6 squads in the league and we're only paying them the tenth highest wages.

The RS and Arsenal for instance vastly overpay their players. So do Sunderland, Newcastle, Villa etc.

What I am saying is that the gap between the wages we pay (and so the players we can afford) and the wages the very top teams in this league pay is big enough that this 40 million isn't going to mean we can bring in a rooney or a van persie or a toure or a mata.

Nor is it going to mean that fellaini or mirallas won't bugger off at the first chance.

I want everton to win the league. This TV money will not make that happen and doesn't change the fact that we need board change for that to happen.

Klopp at Dortmund shows you don't need loads of money to win trophies.

And before somebody says 'that's the German league not the Prem', they're also in a CL final.

Klopp at Dortmund shows you don't need loads of money to win trophies.

And before somebody says 'that's the German league not the Prem', they're also in a CL final.

Sure. Dortmund pay half the wages bayern do and about the 6th highest in germany and 20th in europe. They're gettinf far better value from their players than any english club are from theirs.

I've said all along that the current everton squad is more than capable of winning cups if managed properly.

Brian Clough or Alex Ferguson could probably win the league with it too.

But you can't rely on genius, any plan that relies on kenwright's everton being so much better run than ferguson's man u that they won't be able to match us with eight times our resources is a pretty poor plan.

Sure. Dortmund pay half the wages bayern do and about the 6th highest in germany and 20th in europe. They're gettinf far better value from their players than any english club are from theirs.

I've said all along that the current everton squad is more than capable of winning cups if managed properly.

Brian Clough or Alex Ferguson could probably win the league with it too.

But you can't rely on genius, any plan that relies on kenwright's everton being so much better run than ferguson's man u that they won't be able to match us with eight times our resources is a pretty poor plan.

Tbh mate i'm not even thinking about winning the league, as it's like me wanting to play point guard for the LA Lakers. Not going to happen.

I don't think there is any doubt that having an actual transfer fund as opposed to having no transfer fund will improve Moyes' Everton more than Wenger's Arsenal or Rodgers' Liverpool though.

Tbh mate i'm not even thinking about winning the league, as it's like me wanting to play point guard for the LA Lakers. Not going to happen.

I don't think there is any doubt that having an actual transfer fund as opposed to having no transfer fund will improve Moyes' Everton more than Wenger's Arsenal or Rodgers' Liverpool though.

Martinez's Everton.

10 million for jason scotland here we come.

Looking at those graphs, in the immortal word of Matt Damon.....At Least We're Not Villa!

I can't

It's too much like school.

Can someone bullet point it for me?

It's fairly simple. We spend more than we bring in. We have loans borrowed against both future ticket sales and future TV money. We renegotiate the loans in the summer.

5m a year interest is a [Poor language removed] of a lot of interest to pay. It's pretty much 8% or so of what we bring in

I bet the bank will demand a new arrangement with bigger front loaded payments and then we still have to pay back the BVI loan from last summer.

Don,t worry Bill...sign up Moyes for 12 months, sell whats left of the tradition and history of the club and the fans will lap it all up.

You,ve still got them in the palm of your hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.