8+Cash+Flow+before+Financing.jpg

9+Player+Purchases.jpg

10+Fixed+Assets.jpg

11+Interest.jpg

13+Cash+Flow+after+Financing.jpg

14+Financing.jpg

15+Cash+Flow+after+Financing+by+Club.jpg

26+Everton.jpg

Everton made a loss of £9 million from revenue of £81 million and a wage bill of £63 million (10th highest in the Premier League). The operating loss of £19 million was improved by adding back £14 million of player amortisation and depreciation less a working capital adjustment of £2 million, giving a negative cash flow from operating activities of £7 million.

Everton’s need to box clever is highlighted by the fact that even after net player receipts of £11 million (sales £23 million, purchases £13 million), they do not quite manage to break-even with negative cash flow after financing of £2 million. All other things being equal, they need to sell a player every season to stay afloat.

This is due to £4 million interest payments and £0.9 million repayment on assorted loans. The club’s debt stands at £49 million with an £11 million overdraft plus £24 million loan notes (borrowed against future season ticket sales) and £14 million loans (borrowed against future TV money). The lending arrangements with Barclays Bank expire on 31 July 2013, so these will have to be renegotiated in a few months.
http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/show-me-money.html

It's a long post so here's a brief summary of what it says.

Ken. Is. Wrong.

Thats clearly the underlying message.

But I found it pretty interesting all the same.

It goes into more detail in the actual link, explains each section, of course, I didnt understand any of it, but still found it interesting.

The ammount of money everyone is losing is quite scary.

This is why I've never bought danny's defence of player and managers wages (that if the money's there why shouldn't it go to the players) because the money clearly isn't there. The lower leagues are full of bankrupt clubs and fans being charged 20 quid a game in the conference to keep club's in business.

Football needs a salary cap, big style. Bring back the maximum wage.

The ammount of money everyone is losing is quite scary.

This is why I've never bought danny's defence of player and managers wages (that if the money's there why shouldn't it go to the players) because the money clearly isn't there. The lower leagues are full of bankrupt clubs and fans being charged 20 quid a game in the conference to keep club's in business.

Football needs a salary cap, big style. Bring back the maximum wage.

It's not fair. Why shouldn't we have it across every sector. People earn what their worth in that industry.

Football clubs want to be businesses not institutions so they can fold like them when they're mismanaged.

Harsh reality.

We're skint and crap at stuff.

This basically.

The scary figures are two fold 1) our wage bill is 79% of our turnover, which is too high if we want to remain solvent and 2) our wage bill is only the tenth biggest in the league which is too low if we want to compete the top.

You can't win the league with a wage bill less than a third of that of your rivals, because your players won't be as good because if they were they'd move somewhere that would pay them those wages.

It's not fair. Why shouldn't we have it across every sector. People earn what their worth in that industry.

Football clubs want to be businesses not institutions so they can fold like them when they're mismanaged.

Harsh reality.

They don't fold, though. Look at rangers, and protsmouth and real madrid. Football clubs are supported and kept from folding in a way no other businesses are.

Conclusion: it's a massive achievement for a club like Everton to consistently finish in the top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.