Show me the money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, if Everton winning the league had the side of effect of a complete collapse of western civilisation, I'd think it was wroth it.

Sorting out football is genuinely a greater priority to me than sorting out society.

Me too. Just the legals to make it happen! I think a slary cap on clubs of some description is the way forward.

Honestly, if Everton winning the league had the side of effect of a complete collapse of western civilisation, I'd think it was wroth it.

Sorting out football is genuinely a greater priority to me than sorting out society.

I think the RAWK implosion would probably guarantee that scenario mate.

European teams operate inside the E.U. and are subject to E.U. law, so it's impossible in practice for UEFA to uphold regulations that contravene E.U. law, hence the reason we won't see a salary cap introduced in the near future.

Cash flow from operating activities scares me. With the greatest of respect, how are the likes of Wigan and West Brom making more money than us from 'operating activities'? Surely this points to our marketing department coming up massively short when it comes to selling the Everton brand.
The really sad thing is unless we get taken over by a sugar daddy, it's only going to stay like this or get worse.

Cash flow from operating activities scares me. With the greatest of respect, how are the likes of Wigan and West Brom making more money than us from 'operating activities'? Surely this points to our marketing department coming up massively short when it comes to selling the Everton brand.
The really sad thing is unless we get taken over by a sugar daddy, it's only going to stay like this or get worse.

That's just not true though.

You don't need a 'sugar daddy' to improve a business.

That paints today's picture.

I'm sick of going on about it, but it is being reported that we are due to receive somewhere in the region of an extra 120 million over the next 3 seasons, which changes the outlook considerably. We will stop making a loss until the extra money has been spent. Spent on improving Everton!

All the TV money and all the proceeds from player sales should be handed straight over to David Moyes to spend on squad improvement, imho.

Fellaini sale + next seasons TV money should equal about 60 million. Fellaini will be off the wage bill as will the likes of Neville. Then you have another extra 40 million coming in the next season, and another extra 40 million coming in the season after that.

Yes, all those around us will be trying to strengthen as well, but so are we, we are in a good position to strengthen ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.