Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been saying for a long time that until England decides to look at the long term success of the team and better results, they will continue to be relegated to Quarterfinal finishes in Europe and the WC as a best case scenario.

At some point...and this WC seems like a perfect point...they have to suck it up and play the kids. If they fail to get out of the group, then so be it...it will only help things for 2016 and 2018 getting the kids experience on that level.

England right now are perfectly set up to kinda do what Everton did this season. That mix of massive experience combined with young talented kids coming up. Alas, I don't see the FA seeing the forest through the trees though.

Shame...even as an American, I'd like to see England do well
Guess with the exception of the 2010 World cup match up between USA & England!

Yeah, the one you lost 1-1!

Was a fun game, pity that it is unlikely we'll match up again this year.

Hahaha...Rob Green: The gift that keeps on giving!

That game was a lot of fun actually. But for Americans...that at the death winner and Ian Darke's call against Algeria was one of those moments I'll never forget. Gives me goosebumps still when I queue it up on the DVR (yes, still have it).

Was one of the best sports calls I've ever heard, and you could tell, even as an Englishman 'doing his job', that he was genuinely going bonkers (in a good way) in the moment.

I was at that 1-1 game in SA. And supporter wise, we were comfortably outnumbered by the yanks.

Couldn't bring myself to go 'limbs' when Gerrard scored either.

Awful tournament that was. Footballing wise.

I was at that 1-1 game in SA. And supporter wise, we were comfortably outnumbered by the yanks.

Couldn't bring myself to go 'limbs' when Gerrard scored either.

Awful tournament that was. Footballing wise.

Yes mate...that's the one. Running joke as it was the headline in the New York Post after the game.

Really though...we look at ourselves like minnows in world football when compared to England. So 1-1 almost felt like a win to be honest.

*EDIT* I misread your post...very cool you were there. The vuvuzela's defined that tournament...not the football, sadly enough.

Yes mate...that's the one. Running joke as it was the headline in the New York Post after the game.

Really though...we look at ourselves like minnows in world football when compared to England. So 1-1 almost felt like a win to be honest.

*EDIT* I misread your post...very cool you were there. The vuvuzela's defined that tournament...not the football, sadly enough.

I didn't see many (if any) England or USA fans with vuvuzela's at that game mate. Plenty of Africans at the game who did though unfortunately.

Truly awful contraptions.

When Ross has been "on it" this season he's looked by far England's next hero. Ok he's had dipps in form but IMO only a couple of really bad performances...and at 20, in his first season I think that is more than allowed.

As for England, the problem he's got is he's fighting out with Rooney really for that No.10 shirt. Having said that Rooney has had it far too easy in a England shirt for years. He's seemingly un-droppable which is laughable given his performances. About time there was someone who could replace him either off the bench or in the first 11.

Roy will prove how out of touch he his with modern football with both his squad selection and tactics at the WC.

John Stones literally can't be ignored with his performances over the last 2 months, but he will be for Jones/smalling just because they play utd! (Who were well off the pace down in 7th btw Roy!)

My biggest worry about the WC is by the time it finishes barca may want bobby, Ross and stones!!

Last edited:
When Ross has been "on it" this season he's looked by far England's next hero. Ok he's had dipps in form but IMO only a couple of really bad performances...and at 20, in his first season I think that is more than allowed.

As for England, the problem he's got is he's fighting out with Rooney really for that No.10 shirt. Having said that Rooney has had it far too easy in a England shirt for years. He's seemingly un-droppable which is laughable given his performances. About time there was someone who could replace him either off the bench or in the first 11.

Roy will prove how out of touch he his with modern football with both his squad selection and tactics at the WC.

John Stones literally can't be ignored with his performances over the last 2 months, but he will be for Jones/smalling just because they play utd! (Who were well off the pace down in 7th btw Roy!)

Sadly, you are probably correct. However, I am feeling a small groundswell of support for Stones that could grow into a real media blitz. Takes very little with the British media. If I were to bet, Stones and Barkley will both be there...even if Woy doesn't have the 'stones' to play them.

between him and stones we have the best two talents in england, they are so good ts like they arent even english, they've clearly ignored all the pathetic coaching that goes on in this country, and are now being brought on by berto who is so not moyes its unreal

Osman's leadership there...I'm certain of it...the English Iniesta knows the score...

The players are there for England to have a young team with some snr heads. Like Germany did some yrs ago.

......................Hart......................Walker.....Stones...Cahill...Shaw.............Wiltshire..Barkley...............Walcott.......Sterling.......Llanna......................Sturridge...............

Not saying I'd go with that exact team currently as 2-3 snr players still deserve there place but that's gota be the aim going forward instead of these tried and tested failures such as Lampard, Carrick, milners, Coles etc ...

Fox said Stones would be a future England captain when he joined. High praise for me.

Barkley could easily be his playmaker for a decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.