Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
The players are there for England to have a young team with some snr heads. Like Germany did some yrs ago.

......................Hart......................Walker.....Stones...Cahill...Shaw.............Wiltshire..Barkley...............Walcott.......Sterling.......Llanna......................Sturridge...............

Not saying I'd go with that exact team currently as 2-3 snr players still deserve there place but that's gota be the aim going forward instead of these tried and tested failures such as Lampard, Carrick, milners, Coles etc ...

See that team is actually quite interesting and exciting, and a team I'd actually enjoy to watch. If only someone had the balls to manage England that way. Last guy to do that was Keegan.

See that team is actually quite interesting and exciting, and a team I'd actually enjoy to watch. If only someone had the balls to manage England that way. Last guy to do that was Keegan.

lol I think the last thing England needs is to be managed like they were under Keegan.

Don't know if it's a age thing but at 34 I really don't care about England anymore, just don't get excited about it or even consider going to the boozer to watch them

However in my early twenties, from probably 98 - 06 I used to love England games and the boozing days accociated with it. Was when the Gerrard's, rio's, lampard's, becks etc were at a young age and we were full of hope! Lol

England need a new generation of players to build your hopes on. People might start to give a [Poor language removed] about England again instead of the same old...same old!

between him and stones we have the best two talents in england, they are so good ts like they arent even english, they've clearly ignored all the pathetic coaching that goes on in this country, and are now being brought on by berto who is so not moyes its unreal

I think Sterling is in the same class as Stones and Barkley in all honesty. England might actually have a good team in a couple of years.

£30m isn't silly money when we're talking about Barkley.

According to the Telegraph it is now down to a choice between Carrick and Ross.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ley-to-Brazil-instead-of-Michael-Carrick.html
Roy Hodgson is considering the bold move of taking Ross Barkley to theWorld Cup instead of Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick. Barring injury to other players, it is understood that England manager Hodgson is making it a straight head-to-head battle between Barkley and Carrick for the final midfield spot in his 23-man World Cup squad. Hodgson visited both Old Trafford and Goodison Park on Saturday, as he tries to make a final decision between Everton youngster Barkley and Carrick.

With just over a week to go until Hodgson names his squad on May 12, Barkley appeared to nudge himself ahead in the battle by scoring a brilliant goal and producing an impressive performance against Manchester City in front of the 66 year-old. Earlier in the day, Hodgson watched United and Carrick produce another uninspiring display in a surprise home defeat to Sunderland.

Hodgson's choice is complicated by the fact that Barkley and Carrick are completely different types of midfielders, with different degrees of experience. Barkley's performance against City summed up exactly what he could give Hodgson's squad in terms of goal threat, attacking play and forward passing. The 20 year-old has been a regular in Hodgson's squads, but has made just three senior international appearances and is yet to start a game for England.

Carrick offers Hodgson more of a defensive midfield option and the 32 year-old has amassed 31 caps. He missed out on a place at Euro 2012 because of confusion over whether he had retired from international football. Having returned to the England squad for World Cup qualifying, Carrick's form has dipped with United's and Hodgson has warned that out-of-form United stars could face Brazil heartbreak.

He has also suggested that an experienced player could miss out and it seems increasingly likely that Chelsea veteran Frank Lampard will be part of the squad. "Manchester United are one of the few teams that have had a lot of English players," said Hodgson. "But football players have to accept unfortunately their England careers are tied up with their club careers. "If it's not going well in their clubs, and it's not going well for them in their clubs, and other players are doing extremely well in their clubs, it does put your position as a national team player under some sort of threat.

"I'm pretty certain that the Manchester United players will understand that - that there's no god-given right that, because they've played in a few games up to now, they'll play all the games in the future. "It's up to me to pick who the best players for the job are at any given moment. Now that doesn't mean to say you'll choose a player for the national team every time he scores. But it does mean you are judging, over a relatively short period, who's the best man for the job. Who's the one doing best at this moment? Who's in the best form?"

Other than choosing between Barkley and Carrick, Hodgson's other big decision is at left-back and rests on whether to take Chelsea's Ashley Cole or Southampton teenager Luke Shaw.

I do understand peoples impatience with Ross talking about inconsistency etc , but he seems to be an instinctive player so you are gonna get both ends of the spectrum. What is clear though is that Berto gets him and what he offers and , barring f'kn injury, our gaffer will get the best out of him . I say instinctive because when he does disappoint it is generally when he overthinks it and double-crosses himself . Berto has told the players to go out and express yourself and enjoy your football must be music to ross's ears ,best yet to come COYB

Status
Not open for further replies.