Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of what GBH did and didn't say and what his intent was/wasn't, it just shows you the conversations they have at that England set up with players coming through in clubs outside of the moneybags elite. It's like a clearing house for those clubs - it's the time and place they have a captive audience to use their own players to tap up and disturb other clubs' players.

England - an absolute cesspit.

Regardless of what GBH did and didn't say and what his intent was/wasn't, it just shows you the conversations they have at that England set up with players coming through in clubs outside of the moneybags elite. It's like a clearing house for those clubs - it's the time and place they have a captive audience to use their own players to tap up and disturb other clubs' players.

England - an absolute cesspit.

To be fair Dave I think this will happen everywhere.

See Fabregas, Cesc.

Fair play to Gerrard hate the c**t but fair play. I found the reference to Zidane interesting because whenever I've watched Barkley play he reminds me a lot of Zidane he has the same build and similar playing style as Zidane, hope he goes on to have half the career that Zidane had and it's at Everton.

Fair play to Gerrard hate the c**t but fair play. I found the reference to Zidane interesting because whenever I've watched Barkley play he reminds me a lot of Zidane he has the same build and similar playing style as Zidane, hope he goes on to have half the career that Zidane had and it's at Everton.
Me too. At times he reminds me a bit of Glen Hoddle too when he sprays passes out wide.

Its decent advice from Gerard if that's what he said. But you sense he also said it because there's no chance he'd go to Liverpool, and Gerard would rather he didn't end up at Utd, City, or Chelsea!! Either way if it means Ross stays with us for at least 3 or 4 seasons we'll get some benefit. We've lost some very good players in the last ten years that have gone to 'Champions League Teams' (Rooney, Felli, Arteta, Lescott), so to possibly lose Baines next and then Ross would just be gutting (particularly as they're local lads!!).

Its decent advice from Gerard if that's what he said. But you sense he also said it because there's no chance he'd go to Liverpool, and Gerard would rather he didn't end up at Utd, City, or Chelsea!! Either way if it means Ross stays with us for at least 3 or 4 seasons we'll get some benefit. We've lost some very good players in the last ten years that have gone to 'Champions League Teams' (Rooney, Felli, Arteta, Lescott), so to possibly lose Baines next and then Ross would just be gutting (particularly as they're local lads!!).
was thinking the same, he won't want Ross playing for one of the sky 4, can't trust gerrard, he's a fake, remember the self defence vid

I must be naive......I read it as a seasoned pro giving what I see as good advise to the "latest thing" in English football.I'm no Stevie G fan,but he has a wealth of experience playing in a hotbed for football,whatever Blues think of him,he's been loyal to his club and his fans,really don't see it as any hidden agenda to keep him from going to a big four club or to keep his place in the world cup squad.

I must be naive......I read it as a seasoned pro giving what I see as good advise to the "latest thing" in English football.I'm no Stevie G fan,but he has a wealth of experience playing in a hotbed for football,whatever Blues think of him,he's been loyal to his club and his fans,really don't see it as any hidden agenda to keep him from going to a big four club or to keep his place in the world cup squad.

You are right mate. People do like to twist things.

What a great read, he's got his feet firmly placed on the ground and has a good head on his shoulders, that is very important if he is going to fulfil his potential.

You've gotta give some credit to Stevie Gerard too for putting all rivalries aside and just helping Ross.
Gerrard doing more to keep our team together than Stubbs FFS

Status
Not open for further replies.