Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is obviously some way he benefits saying this.. he doesnt do stuff like that just to be nice.

Your right, and look at the reaction from a fair few saying well said gerrard or nice one and reevaluating their long held opinions of him and you will see where gerrard benefits, Its a great bit of pr, portraying him as a model, loyal professional who put loyalty over trophies etc, cant buy that type of good rep these days.

Id be more interested to hear what rooney will be saying to the lad next time their on england duty together, now THAT is a conversation I'd like to overhear lol

Your right, and look at the reaction from a fair few saying well said gerrard or nice one and reevaluating their long held opinions of him and you will see where gerrard benefits, Its a great bit of pr, portraying him as a model, loyal professional who put loyalty over trophies etc, cant buy that type of good rep these days.

Id be more interested to hear what rooney will be saying to the lad next time their on england duty together, now THAT is a conversation I'd like to overhear lol

Don't be daft lad, it's one Liverpool born lad advising another Liverpool born lad. Gerrard, for all his faults, has stuck by Liverpool and I'm sure something along the lines of 'winning one trophy with Liverpool meant more than any other could have with another club' came out.
Only we could pick faults in our arch rivals star player advising our star player to stay put.

Fair play to Gerrard, some good advice there. Who'd have thought he'd ever say something that get all blues thinking nice one Gerrard?

We all hate Gerrard because he is one of Liverpool's best ever players, always scores against us, has a dickhe@d goal celebration, nearly snapped Gary Naismith's legs in the Derby, and generally interviews like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders. But, in the main he is a good role model to kids, and probably doesn't get enough credit for staying at Liverpool all his career. If that's the advice he gave Barks, then a little bit of my hate for Gerrard has dissipated.

I never thought I would ever say something like that

Don't be daft lad, it's one Liverpool born lad advising another Liverpool born lad. Gerrard, for all his faults, has stuck by Liverpool and I'm sure something along the lines of 'winning one trophy with Liverpool meant more than any other could have with another club' came out.
Only we could pick faults in our arch rivals star player advising our star player to stay put.

Mate you misread my post, i was responding to someone saying their must be someway gerrard benefits from this, i was simply saying how he does, my own opinion is that it was just a conversation between the up and coming scouse prodigy and the one from a generation past, nowt more to it than that. The fact it has a very good pr effect for gerrard is just a by product of that

The cold facts of the matter are that Gerrard elbowed a club dj when he wan't looking then allowed his hangers on to jump in and protect him, ran over a kid in his car, and is married to a beautiful young woman that puts bottles over other peoples heads in restaurants. He was leaving LFC for money, and titles,until his family was threatened and his shirts burnt by the best fans in der werld on you tube.

Regardless of what GBH did and didn't say and what his intent was/wasn't, it just shows you the conversations they have at that England set up with players coming through in clubs outside of the moneybags elite. It's like a clearing house for those clubs - it's the time and place they have a captive audience to use their own players to tap up and disturb other clubs' players.

England - an absolute cesspit.

and the same probably happens in Spain, Germany, holland, France etc etc not just England. Are those said countries cesspits? Was it Spain that draped a Barcelona shirt on cesc fabregas when he still played for arsenal?

He wasn't bad today; he was just decent instead of fantastic. He wasn't helped first half by Jelavic being unable to hold up anything, but for once his decision making let him down a bit throughout.

Thing is though, he's not a liability being in the first team at all - he's a complete asset, and the more games he gets under his belt the better he'll be.

Everyone's gonna' be on him like a fly on the proverbial now, so it's just going to get tougher. Keep his head up, never be static. If he can get just another half arm distance from better positioning he'll be a nightmare because, with just that little bit more space, if they try and close then he can burn them with footwork and it's either commit or retreat. Anyhow...my armchair is getting toasty.

He wasn't bad today; he was just decent instead of fantastic. He wasn't helped first half by Jelavic being unable to hold up anything, but for once his decision making let him down a bit throughout.

Thing is though, he's not a liability being in the first team at all - he's a complete asset, and the more games he gets under his belt the better he'll be

great shout

He's a young lad, he'll have good games, bad games and ok games. Today sounded (was working so could only listen to EFC commentary) like an ok one.

Sounded like ha gave it away a little easily, but didn't sound like it was anywhere dangerous. It also sounded like he should have taken a shot on a few occasions but either took too long or passed to someone who was unable to get one away either

I think Lukaku coming in will really help him, going off what we seen today it looks that Lukaku has the ability to really bring other players around him into the game. Lukaku is also a real presence so they defence will have to concentrate a lot more on him, giving Barkley more time and room to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.