Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon Gerrard was trying reverse psychology on Barkley there, thinking that Barkley wouldn't trust his advice and thus make him want to leave Everton.

Mad conspiracies aside, that was a decent read. Fair play to Gerrard as well, it would be brilliant if Barkley spends his entire career here and wins some shiny things.

[Barkley on talking with Gerrard] "He said the big-hitters will be looking at me and be linked with me but that the main thing is I stay with the club I'm at, the team I support and the team I love, which is Everton. I love Everton and all I think about is playing for Everton."

Good stuff Ross lad

Good article that, the lad seems very humble and that can only be a good thing. Big things on the horizon for this boy and hopefully us because of him.

Kar Brossley

Fair play to Gerrard, some good advice there. Who'd have thought he'd ever say something that get all blues thinking nice one Gerrard?

Strange thought I know, but has anyone felt that that leg break at that particular stage of his career has worked in his favour?
I do.....I think kids at that age getting rave reviews normally beleive the hype and either go off the rails or jump ship to the top four, get splinters and the brilliance fizzles out. This way Ross has been constantly around the first team, albeit in rehabilitation, and has taken it all in and matured away from the headlines....now he and we are reaping the rewards.
He is, undoubtedly going to be a top top player for both Club and country....and to be fair I've only just realised that.Remember being relatively unimpressed by the hype and by his few cameos under Moyes, so I'm more than happy to swallow a chunk of humble pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.