Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross would have had a field day in that first half the amount of times we could and should have hit them on the break. How long now until he's back? Villa???

3 weeks apparently, can't come quick enough just a shame we have played most of the teams he does best against, it's the games against mid table fodder were they sit back that he's not as effective

So you think you have an advantage because "our stars are young". What stars? Ross Barkley is the only player in your squad who'd get into the first team at City. You have some good players don't get me wrong, but don't kid yourself about what you have. You have a very talented manager and a decent mix of ageing premier league stalwarts and some decent technical players. However you're about as far away from City as Swansea or Sunderland and you have about the same prospects as both those clubs without someone investing significantly in your playing squad and in your stadium....

...Which leads me neatly back to Ross. My personal opinion is he's going to end up at United either in January or next summer. City aren't going to get into an auction with Mr Woodward and Ross' agents are going to sell him to the highest bidder. It'll be quite funny him moving from one non CL club to another.

Wow, you talk a fair bit of bumgravy, mate.

3 weeks apparently, can't come quick enough just a shame we have played most of the teams he does best against, it's the games against mid table fodder were they sit back that he's not as effective

Can't wait for the day when he smashes the winner in against that lot. 3 weeks will feel like bloody 3 months. Desperate to get him back and up to speed as we have missed him massively.

With mirallas out its vital ross is back soon, thank god we have an international break after Sunday hopefully should put him in stead for the villa game or just after

Howard
Coleman Jagielka Stones Baines

Mccarthy Barry

Atsu Barkley Pienaar

Lukaku

Would be my team whilst kev is out substitute pace for pace

I know what you mean ever blue but it's gonna be quite hard dropping naismith with the form he's been in. Although the goals have dried up a wee bit last few games (since I added him to my fantasy footy team!!)

Very different players ross and naismith tho. Both play No.10 best, but play it very differently.

I'll take this point by point.

Whether you think a deal is dodgy or not isn't really relevant. That figure was our turnover for the season ending 2013, as I say 2014 will be larger with less total expenditure as it won't have Mancini and his staff's pay off on there, and several huge contracts.

Our average ticket price is the cheapest in the country and I'm proud of that. Shows we have owners who aren't in this to fleece the supporters for every penny they can get. I'd much rather that than certain other examples around the premier league of clubs who seem to use their supporters as a defacto bank.

You say we have very little overseas support - I'm not entirely sure how this is relevant to any discussion about FFP, but notwithstanding that, I'm not sure how some guy on an Everton forum is going to be in a better position to comment on the growth of City internationally than our chief executive. I won't bother reposting it but I posted somewhere on here a video of Soriano giving a talk in Abu Dhabi about City's business model. You could do well to watch it and learn something.

Also it's interesting that you've listed four clubs as being capable of generating "huge' revenue from their worldwide support. Do you have anything to back this up or am I again to take your word over the publicly available figures on all those clubs' recent revenues/revenue streams.

With regard City's ageing squad and FFP. Are you actually trying to argue that we can't with our vast television, and commercial income, buy players? We just spent 40 million on a centre half whilst having FFP restrictions. Next summer we'll have none. I'm sure we'll spend somewhere around 50 - 70 million. And we will be able to spend that each summer afterwards because of the upward trajectory our finances are taking. You seem to be indulging in some deep wishful thinking which i guess is your right.

So you think you have an advantage because "our stars are young". What stars? Ross Barkley is the only player in your squad who'd get into the first team at City. You have some good players don't get me wrong, but don't kid yourself about what you have. You have a very talented manager and a decent mix of ageing premier league stalwarts and some decent technical players. However you're about as far away from City as Swansea or Sunderland and you have about the same prospects as both those clubs without someone investing significantly in your playing squad and in your stadium.

Your final paragraph sums up your naivety with regards FFP. Whatever you think the "proper" way of building a club up is, the sum total is always the same. The more money you have, the better you will do as a club. Arsenal, Man United, and Liverpool have down the years had rich benefactor after rich benefactor pouring their own money into the club. You are basically advocating that the status quo should've remained how it was back in 99/00. United, Arsenal, Liverpool being the financially dominant clubs in the league with everyone else having them poach their best players.

Which leads me neatly back to Ross. My personal opinion is he's going to end up at United either in January or next summer. City aren't going to get into an auction with Mr Woodward and Ross' agents are going to sell him to the highest bidder. It'll be quite funny him moving from one non CL club to another.

Lol wut.

Baines would, Stones would, Mirallas would. I'd actually say Barkley would be less likely to get a game than them three.

I know what you mean ever blue but it's gonna be quite hard dropping naismith with the form he's been in. Although the goals have dried up a wee bit last few games (since I added him to my fantasy footy team!!)

Very different players ross and naismith tho. Both play No.10 best, but play it very differently.

I think Barkley is definitely best suited for the number 10 roll as he links up play extremely well.

Naismith is a great support striker but isn't suited to play as number 10 long term in our set up

Status
Not open for further replies.