Roberto Martinez Shenanigans: All Reaction Here

How do you feel about the Roberto Martinez hiring?

• Great hire. He'll do better than Moyes.

Votes: 65 18.4%
  • Good hire. There were better available.

Votes: 116 32.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 59 16.7%
  • Wasn't the worst. Wasn't the best.

Votes: 96 27.2%
  • We're getting relegated.

Votes: 17 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
STILL HOPE FOR TEAM PEREIRA

In response to regrettable and somewhat premature reports earlier this evening, Everton Football Club are continuing discussions with regards to the vacant managerial position.

Whilst positive moves are being made, the Club will officially announce details as and only when they are agreed and completed.

Hey get over him man ha ha.

Team Vitor.

And played more long balls than Everton.

They also had worse players than Everton. When Everton had rubbish players, we played long balls too.

As we got better players - Mirallas, Pienaar, Baines, etc. we started to play better football. You cut your cloth accordingly.

I hope this is a long term appointment, he's 39 and I hope he feels the magic that is Everton and commits his future to the club, even if he isn't successful in his first 2 seasons, don't get on his back, this is gonna take time and he can't suddenly just start winning trophies. What I do expect from him in his first season here is a top 7 finish and a good run in the FA Cup. Anything above that will be remarkable for a new manager.

Stop thinking too much about Wigan players coming here. Martinez will have to look and watch the team play before even thinking about bringing players in. He certainly knows he need a CF.

For any doubters, Moyes finished 17th in his second season in charge but quickly bounced back from that, I'm not saying Martinez will repeat that but what I'm saying is he finished 18th last season with a weaker squad and has worked hard over the years to try and rebuild an ever selling squad. Wigan could've only gone so far, it was inevitable they would eventually be relegated.

Martinez has a hard act to follow (moyes) who achieved consistent top 7 finishes on a shoestring budget. However it is not as hard an act as moyes following fergie, who if he doesn't win the league will be classed as a failure. At least Martinez hasn't got that expectation on him, would fans at everton settle for a top 10 place, playing attractive football next season, whilst the players adapt to his new methods. It is a bit like Rodgers at the RS, even though on paper they don't look to have improved due to their league position, many of their fans can see this season has been one of adaptation, to play to Rodgers systems. The fans here will give Martinez their full support, if they see progression in our football, if not our league position.

No lad I would not settle for 10th we are supposed to push on at least to CL - "a bit like Rodgers at RS " - do me a favour - we are NOT in transition because we have the players to go further we have had transition for 11 years ....Sod the football give us success !! Are we now accepting more mediocrity than Moyes ?? Thanks Billy Liar

STILL HOPE FOR TEAM PEREIRA

In response to regrettable and somewhat premature reports earlier this evening, Everton Football Club are continuing discussions with regards to the vacant managerial position.

Whilst positive moves are being made, the Club will officially announce details as and only when they are agreed and completed.
Stubbs is being readied as we speak/

Northern Ireland forms part of the UK not Great Britain, so Bingham was in fact Northern Irish, but not foreign though

Whelan should wind his neck the big mouthed GobS***e, I sincerely hope he hasn't tried to F*** us over with breaking this story, bill should hang em out to dry now and make Wigan beg us to take him off them, what a clueless, uneducated T**t is Whelan really is!!

Status
Not open for further replies.