Roberto Martinez Shenanigans: All Reaction Here

How do you feel about the Roberto Martinez hiring?

• Great hire. He'll do better than Moyes.

Votes: 65 18.4%
  • Good hire. There were better available.

Votes: 116 32.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 59 16.7%
  • Wasn't the worst. Wasn't the best.

Votes: 96 27.2%
  • We're getting relegated.

Votes: 17 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
I think this warrants it's own thread

Roberto Martinez has resigned as Wigan manager and has been given permission to speak to Everton.

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan: "Roberto wants to move on.

"We will let him go but he´s on a 12-month rolling contract so, if he moves, someone will have to buy him out of his final year.

"Everton rang me and I said they have permission to talk to him.

"He feels he´s not the man to lead us back into the Premier League and I´ve got to accept what he feels.

"He loves Wigan and the fans but we have to move on now and we want applications for the job."

All Martinez talk in this thread - any other Managerial Talk in the 'Moyes Potential Replacement Thread'

May 13th 2013

"Whenever he wants to go I'll release him immediately but he'll only go to a big, big club and I don't think Everton are big enough."

May 28th 2013

"Everton rang me and I said they have permission to talk to him."

Dave Whelan proving what an absolute ******** he is

IMWT

My opinion changes by the minute.

First off I was OK about it,
Then it felt really small time,
Then I came back to the fact that it could be much much worse.

If he comes, which looks pretty likely, I wont be too distraught. His strengths are, well strong, and his weaknesses, ie, defense, can be worked on IMO.

Could be set for a bumpy ride here lads. From the look of it Martinez hasn't spoken to Kenwright yet - so he's not exactly likely to be bowled over by the transfer kitty is he?

Reactions: Del

Not who I'd have chosen & I've made my views & reasoning known on the other thread.

But if as seems likely he's now our new manager, then I'll support him & hope that my judgement was wrong.

We could have done so much worse. Ive moved on now from Moyes who I loved. Now time for me to fall in love with Martinez, we all should support and give him at least 24 months before judging him.

I think he's a good manager and will be do good things for Everton. I have full faith, and can't wait to see what he has planned for the club.

I'm on board, Roberto. Give em hell.

Could be set for a bumpy ride here lads. From the look of it Martinez hasn't spoken to Kenwright yet - so he's not exactly likely to be bowled over by the transfer kitty is he?

Oh come on mate, don't be so naïve, of course they'll have spoken, he's not chucked his hand in without having something lined up. It's all over bar the shouting. So your dreams of Lennon are shattered mate, sorry x

Status
Not open for further replies.