Roberto Martinez Shenanigans: All Reaction Here

How do you feel about the Roberto Martinez hiring?

• Great hire. He'll do better than Moyes.

Votes: 65 18.4%
  • Good hire. There were better available.

Votes: 116 32.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 59 16.7%
  • Wasn't the worst. Wasn't the best.

Votes: 96 27.2%
  • We're getting relegated.

Votes: 17 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the best candidate and not the worst, a bit meh.

My biggest problem is he accepts failure a bit too easy, the defensive frailties can be sorted out as has been said elsewhere

I'm willing to give him a chance. I'm apprehensive like but I would've been for pretty much every candidate mentioned anyway!

...as posted on the other thread, I'm delighted with this development and sincerely hope that like the Mounties, Bill gets his man.
Even without additiional funds, there is clearly going to be a significant salary saving with Moyes departure along with most of his backroom staff, not to mention Neville and potentially Heitinga. If Martinez moves quickly to secure a couple of exciting new signings then I'm sure the doubters will soon be onside. Also, I wouldn't assume that he will play the same formation at the Blues. Systems often relate to players available and I doubt he will want 3 at the back at Everton.

Love it.

I can feel the new era dawing.

New image for the 21 st century.

Big time tournament in the States.

Progressive manager at the helm.

The School of Science reborn.....;)

Roberto.....come on down, son.

The best little Spaniard we know.

I don't know what to think. He had no money at Wigan, they got relegated. He has no money at Everton, but better players. What happens when the better players move on? Can he work his magic in the transfer market and find us Pienaar's, Arteta's, Cahill's, Coleman's, Gibsons etc. That's my biggest fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.