Roberto Martinez Shenanigans: All Reaction Here

How do you feel about the Roberto Martinez hiring?

• Great hire. He'll do better than Moyes.

Votes: 65 18.4%
  • Good hire. There were better available.

Votes: 116 32.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 59 16.7%
  • Wasn't the worst. Wasn't the best.

Votes: 96 27.2%
  • We're getting relegated.

Votes: 17 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who compares the appointment of Martinez with Brenda is just .... we are not in transition we don't need a "philosopheee " we dont need to finish 10th We need to finish top 4

can imagine kenwright planning some massive speech and presentation to announce martinez and whelan just spoiling his little party.

bet kenners is fuming right now.

Most pro-Moyes posters will be inclined to be sceptical, naturally. I can't speak for everyone who wanted Moyes to stay, but they thought Moyes, above all, was the right man for the job. He fitted us like a glove. He's turned us into a top team on a shoe-string and has left to take the biggest job in football replaced by a young manager who is really quite unproven despite his FA cup win.

Martinez has never had a job remotely like this and we have no idea how he'll do, let's face it. He'll be under more pressure here than in either of his previous jobs and he will take more stick for his shortcomings than at Wigan where he had the mitigating factors of having a sh*t budget as well as a sh*t side. We need this appointment to work. I see this as much more of a gamble than the other candidates.

just point out that he is more qualified than Moyes was when he took over here, a

No lad I would not settle for 10th we are supposed to push on at least to CL - "a bit like Rodgers at RS " - do me a favour - we are NOT in transition because we have the players to go further we have had transition for 11 years ....Sod the football give us success !! Are we now accepting more mediocrity than Moyes ?? Thanks Billy Liar
Don't get me wrong, I would love us to push on and gain a champions league place. But to do that you need investment. The top 4 from this year are all going to spend big. Martinez is coming to a top 6 team, but there is undoubtedly going to be a period of transition, also we might lose some of our better players (Felliani and Baines) which would have hindered moyes in his attempts to get us into Europe, let alone a new manager to the club. I am only being realistic, I am not settling for second best although sadly I think kenwright has with this appointment.

One of the most dismal features of this manager debate has been Evertonians looking down their noses at replacements for Moyes...as if we just let a highly successful manager slip through our fingers who lived up to the school of science traditions. Well we didn't. And United have made a monumental error in hiring him. Martinez is already ahead of the game in comparison to Moyes, IMO, and he'll do a different and at least as good a job here if/when he signs in and we give him time and support.

Brave statement.

I'm genuinely excited by Martinez joining (if true). Shake things up a bit, see what happens.

Really rated Moyes and did so much for the club, but give Roberto time and I expect him to guide us to great things.

My feelings are probably like most, its a strange thing to go through, will be
a big change for the club obviously.. ill stick by him no matter what wasn't everyone's
first choice but we have to accept he's now ours, no matter who he is. ive always loved his interviews
hes a sound man most managers I cant bare these and have to mute the tv when there on,
being 19 I only remember smith and moysey, and all them years its been used to the same not much change
so it feels scary but good at the same time I think most blues have been saying we need change, squad capable
of things etc. watching some of his interviews he's young but seems very clever and knows what hes doing ambitious , yes he
got relegated but were not a rugby pie eating town . WERE EVERTON and no matter what he deserves respect and a sensible enough time to get things going. seen a vid of him playing in that charity thing to, looks like he could even play for us
GET HIM SIGNED BILL PLAYER MANAGER FS

any songs for him yet?

[video=youtube;XxGaqLPyL_I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxGaqLPyL_I[/video] I know most managers probably do the same
but its the way he says it and now with our squad I think he can do a good job for us. not cos the vid obviously everything together

ffs so I write all that haven't even looked on phone now look at posts above, wtf is going on I cant cope again now

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.