Roberto Martinez Shenanigans: All Reaction Here

How do you feel about the Roberto Martinez hiring?

• Great hire. He'll do better than Moyes.

Votes: 65 18.4%
  • Good hire. There were better available.

Votes: 116 32.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 59 16.7%
  • Wasn't the worst. Wasn't the best.

Votes: 96 27.2%
  • We're getting relegated.

Votes: 17 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Naaaaaaa. Pretty clear now it was always going to be Martinez, and now we're paying Wigan compo for the privilege.

I'm sorry, but no matter how you slice it, he took Wigan backwards and ultimately got them relegated. We have a better squad, obviously, but can you honestly see him replacing players with real class and having us kicking on into the CL places in the near future? It just ain't gonna happen, and there's only one other way we can potentially go..

Genuinely concerned tbh.

On significantly less money as has been pointed out numerous times; both Steve Bruce and Paul Jewell had a lot more money to play with

How does winning your club it's first ever major trophy take it backwards btw?

Naaaaaaa. Pretty clear now it was always going to be Martinez, and now we're paying Wigan compo for the privilege.

I'm sorry, but no matter how you slice it, he took Wigan backwards and ultimately got them relegated. We have a better squad, obviously, but can you honestly see him replacing players with real class and having us kicking on into the CL places in the near future? It just ain't gonna happen, and there's only one other way we can potentially go..

Genuinely concerned tbh.

put it better than i ever could!!

Very pleased with this news, one of the 200 odd that voted for him on here ahead of any others, I honestly think he's got what it takes to move us on to the next level.

Always willing to accept attacking football, can't wait to see us spank Norwich 5-0 instead of sitting on a 1-0.

Don't know why so many are disappointed. Didn't the early polls have him the preferred choice? I've been pro pereira but looking at the candidates we've skipped I'm more than pleased. Hopefully he starts off by doing some good business in the transfer window. Not even going to consider his win percentage ir anything until the season starts and he gets some games under his belt. If he does well then he surprises, if he doesn't then you have your moment yo begrudge but no point in doing so now we need to show him we are fully backing him to do well. Viva Martinez!

This 'NEXT LEVEL' people keep mentioning is never going to happen, it wasnt under Moyes and it probably wont until Kenwright goes.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I feel better now.

But... He said he'd listen to us :(

Yeah you waited until he had worked wonders delivering consistent top 6 finishes. I'm entitled to my opinion.

"worked wonders" ... "opinion"

Are you getting it?

Not everyone shared your opinion but at least had the good grace to judge on what he did as our manager not on what he did at Preston and certainly he was given the benefit of the doubt right up his "best squad" remark a couple of seasons ago when it went tits up and became clear he'd never win anything.

Don't come with the hypocrisy stuff if you don't know what you're on about.

Can anyone point me towards any evidence that Martinez is an attacking manager whose sides play free flowing football?

His teams don't score many goals, even when compared to teams with similar budgets.

And they let in loads.

Give Martinez a fair chance -
he needs the support of all Everton fans -
it will just make his job twice as difficult if some of us can't get over Moyes -
remember Moyes moved on and so must Everton -
Martinez deserves all our support until he disappoints us on a regular basis -
he is a young exciting attacking manager with fire in his heart -
my wish for him and Everton is that they achieve great heights together

tumblr_inline_mmun1lT7Q31qz4rgp.gif

On significantly less money as has been pointed out numerous times; both Steve Bruce and Paul Jewell had a lot more money to play with

How does winning your club it's first ever major trophy take it backwards btw?

3x relegation dogfights before it eventually happened. Simple as that. Domestic cup competitions mean nowt when you get relegated mate.

Limited funds or not, he could & should have kept that Wigan side up the first time and built on that, and it just didn't happen. Very very concerning.

Can anyone point me towards any evidence that Martinez is an attacking manager whose sides play free flowing football?

His teams don't score many goals, even when compared to teams with similar budgets.

And they let in loads.

Take it you didn't watch any of their cup games then, including our own.

Status
Not open for further replies.