Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a wirchhunt. Him and Distin have been pretty much responsible for our season getting caught in the starting gate. We'd have been on 6/7 points by now, and the worst of it is they look like they'll continue to be permanent fixtures in the backline if Martinez fails to address this today or tomorrow. I for one I'm frightened to death of those two keeping any level of attack out.

Agreed that they have both looked below their best in the last two games, although these have been against two of the top three teams in the league where inadequate protection has been given by the two defensive midfield players.
The equaliser by Leicester was down to Stones leaving his man unmarked.

Stones is a first teamer, just waiting for the right moment now...

Jags and Distin have been splendid, but they can not go on for ever and looking like we have seen the best from the pairing.
Time to instigate a change RM.

Jags seems to have lost his confidence since the World Cup, 10 goals in 3 games is awful

Noticed on his Twitter feed that he retweeted this last week:

Do you think he's aware that his form has been poor and people are getting on his back now? He hasn't tweeted himself recently either.

Just watched MOTD - Jags was awful he had a complete defensive mare - I noticed too our closing down in midfield for there first goal was pathetic, and did not improve much either - they were in our faces - only Naismith put himself about and Coleman!

Just watched MOTD - Jags was awful he had a complete defensive mare - I noticed too our closing down in midfield for there first goal was pathetic, and did not improve much either - they were in our faces - only Naismith put himself about and Coleman!
Agreed to be fair. As bad as Jags was (and Distin at times) McCarthy & Barry didn't help matters either.

Don't be jealous mate, I don't blame you for trying to jump to the winning bandwagon
Would you kindly bugger off and stop trying to geg the limelight I clearly deserve for identifying a [Poor language removed] Everton player before anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.