Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Just read the last two pages of this thread and I can't believe the bandwagon-jumpers and scapegoaters have all congregated on this thread to stick the knife into Jagielka. He was not the major problem yesterday. It's just very easy to take it out on a central defender and the mob mentality on here just cranks up the bile that's being spewed out after an understandably difficult game for us.

Wow! Just read the last two pages of this thread and I can't believe the bandwagon-jumpers and scapegoaters have all congregated on this thread to stick the knife into Jagielka. He was not the major problem yesterday. It's just very easy to take it out on a central defender and the mob mentality on here just cranks up the bile that's being spewed out after an understandably difficult game for us.
Bloody hell mate we conceded SIX at home, he's hardly going to get a pat on the back is he?

Sorry if you disagree lads, I do not think Jags has had any consistent good form for a while, since coming back from injury. The odd good game I know, but many are below par.

Just saying that we need to stop ourselves getting into a witch hunt here. I've seen too many good players suffer because of the crowd baying for blood. With the advent of instant digital communication, that process just became a lot easier.
It's not a wirchhunt. Him and Distin have been pretty much responsible for our season getting caught in the starting gate. We'd have been on 6/7 points by now, and the worst of it is they look like they'll continue to be permanent fixtures in the backline if Martinez fails to address this today or tomorrow. I for one I'm frightened to death of those two keeping any level of attack out.

Yes he's in poor form but you're talking about probably our greatest centreback of the prem era, some of the comments on here are disgraceful.
totally agree, he is in poor form and was probably his worst game for us yesterday. but dont agree with all this captaincy stripping and lacking leadership rubbish. nobody mentioned it last season when things were all rosy. he will be back no doubt about it but get behind the man

Has to be dropped, just look at poch dropping captain dawson for the young dier, players with not so much pace aren't suited to playing in a high line, need to get stones in there now but I know it will say jags on the team sheet in 2 weeks, just know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.