Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks leggy, short of pace, short of physicality and short of confidence.

Having calmed down after yesterday, I think we should keep him in there against West Brom. Give him a chance to work his way back to form. He needs a solid match or two in a row.

Having calmed down after yesterday, I think we should keep him in there against West Brom. Give him a chance to work his way back to form. He needs a solid match or two in a row.

Exactly this. This is why I'm worried. It's not just poor performances, he looks to have lost some pace too.

Crikey so did I.

Nah though. He's fine and our best CB by miles.
Sylvain-Distin.jpg

Not as much as we need a win. Bench him, give Stones a few starts at RCB and give Distin the captaincy. We have two points when we could reasonably have expected five or six, and Jags has been awful in all three games. He showed zero leadership against Chelsea - anyone watching us for the first time would never have guessed he was our captain. Howard, Coleman, Distin, McCarthy, Naismith and even Eto'o showed more leadership.

He's looked poor ever since he cake back from injury last season. The World Cup has nothing to do with it

Status
Not open for further replies.