Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinkyali

Player Valuation: £40m
Anyone bit concerned over the last year or so Jags has regressed a bit? Lost bit of confidence in his decision making.

I loved the run into the box he made on Saturday. He might have been our most advanced player at that point. I think this is what Martinez means when he bangs on about players "enjoying their football." It'll cost on points on counter-attacks like, but who cares as long as Phil is happy? Who wants to spend their whole time back in their own half?

Started off last season very well, then got hit by injury and think he came back too soon as we needed the cover and that caused him worse problems.

Jags was playing on the left for England and think it may have messed up his communication with Distin a bit - they have hardly played a game together for over 6 months.

Hope they will both be back to their best soon.

I think both our CBs have always been suspect in their decision making and positioning but they make up for it in many other ways. They will play very well.for the majority of games and keep us in many games and generally keep us on a par for goals conceded with teams who spend a lot more.

Its been ages since football had a number of, or even one, top of the range centreback. The are all a flawed bunch and I am happy with our pairing.

It was our final third play that was our main weakness last season and we'd probably need a couple more signings to improve on that.

I think both our CBs have always been suspect in their decision making and positioning but they make up for it in many other ways. They will play very well.for the majority of games and keep us in many games and generally keep us on a par for goals conceded with teams who spend a lot more.

Its been ages since football had a number of, or even one, top of the range centreback. The are all a flawed bunch and I am happy with our pairing.

It was our final third play that was our main weakness last season and we'd probably need a couple more signings to improve on that.
We weren't great at defending set pieces last year either.

Needs to be more decisive, almost had a mix up with T-how on a few occasions at the weekend, and let to many balls bounce instead of just getting his bonce on it

He looked shaky on Saturday but I think he had a lot to make up for with and out of position Stones and a very poor performance from Distin. We've been dreadful at defending all of preseason and it carried on. The attack will sort itself out, but I think Martinez really needs to look at suring up the defence like how he had it around xmas.

Not international quality for me, albeit England are pants, and he looks the most awkward of the players when it comes to possession....he does put his head in where it hurts though.

Status
Not open for further replies.