Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been brilliant for us has Jags, I have no idea what's up with him, he's making all the wrong decisions when that was one of his best attributes, spotting danger, making the right decision, how many times has he covered other defenders asses and mopped up.

Give him a break for a couple of games, he looked embarrassed yesterday a few times after blunders, pull him out and let him get his head together, still the best defender at the club.

If we put Stones in, expect the odd mistake from him too, but I'd play Distin and Stones against West Brom.

Jags did not play in the run in last season and we looked great with stones and Distan - also his world cup was not great!

RM has to drop him imo for a while so he can get fit!

Him and Distin.

Pathetic. Totally lacking in balls.

Disgraceful performances from the both of them.

That replay when Howard had to come sort Costa out exemplified it.

Put up Jagielka or shut up, an go home.

Furious here :rant:

I'd drop the both of them for that.

Distin didn't exactly have his finest game yesterday, but Jags' confidence is through the floor and it's obvious to see. I know a lot have said it already but I don't think Jags has recovered from being made the scapegoat in Brazil. Think a few games on the bench will do him the world of good, take him out of the spotlight for a bit.

Him and Distin.

Pathetic. Totally lacking in balls.

Disgraceful performances from the both of them.

That replay when Howard had to come sort Costa out exemplified it.

Put up Jagielka or shut up, an go home.

Furious here :rant:

I'd drop the both of them for that.
Good idea we could try Stones and Duffy a bit of youth - Doh someone sold Duffy on Friday!

He hasn't played well since his injury but he has always taken time to recover his form after an injury. The worry is that hamstring injuries can have a big impact on a players performance afterwards.

It has to be said that our form last season definitely picked up when he was out injured anyway!

There's a method of positive psychology called "living in the moment" or the psychology of flow.

Many top sportsmen and women use it particularly in sports such as tennis, golf, and cricket where there are natural breaks between significant events in the game.

Football is slightly different but I'm sure that some footballers and coaches must be aware of the technique. Essentially previous performances do not matter, even what's gone on a minute ago, or what's about to happen, the only thing that matters is the immediate situation in front of you and how you deal with it.

Perhaps Distin uses this technique as has been mentioned he can be brilliant the minute after a terrible mistake. Jags seems less likely to and seems to perform at his best when totally free of injury and high on confidence based on previous performances.

Would be interesting to know if this form of psychology is ever used.

There's a method of positive psychology called "living in the moment" or the psychology of flow.

Many top sportsmen and women use it particularly in sports such as tennis, golf, and cricket where there are natural breaks between significant events in the game.

Football is slightly different but I'm sure that some footballers and coaches must be aware of the technique. Essentially previous performances do not matter, even what's gone on a minute ago, or what's about to happen, the only thing that matters is the immediate situation in front of you and how you deal with it.

Perhaps Distin uses this technique as has been mentioned he can be brilliant the minute after a terrible mistake. Jags seems less likely to and seems to perform at his best when totally free of injury and high on confidence based on previous performances.

Would be interesting to know if this form of psychology is ever used.

I use it at work, one minute I've crashed the server and everything is gloom and doom, next minute I've completed a game of Freecell on 3 draw Vegas style. HIGH FIVE

He needs to be dropped to sort him out.

Will not be happy to see him play either for England or the next Everton game.

Having watched the game again, my opinion has changed to be honest.

He was worse than bad; he was diabolical, cowardly, inept and lacking in any sort of spirit, fight or character. Whilst he was at fault for at least one goal, he was also at fault for other mistakes which didnt go unpunished.

-Awful attempt at a tackle on Hazard in the corner of the Family Enc/Gwladys when he actually had got to the ball
-Disaster of a pass/control which allowed Costa in which should have been a goal
-At 46 mins he couldnt even decide where to throw the ball in and we consequently lost momentum just after we had scored.

Whats with all the sudden diagonal long balls to? He is like Alan Stubbs MK2 right now.

Its not just been three games though; its been around six to eight months including his bottle job performance against Uruguay for England.

I feel sorry for Martinez as how many managers have to drop their captain and long standing PL centre half? Some would argue it shows balls to drop him; others would say it shows even bigger balls to keep him in the job and let him see if he can get through it.

His total lack of fight in relation to his team mate Coleman a couple of times was nothing short of disgraceful. Distin legged it to the half way line to stick up; Howard legs it after the goal. Where was Jags? Too busy scouring.

I genuinely think he has a maximum of this season left with us and unless he shows something different in the next game then I fear for our season.

Status
Not open for further replies.