Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jagielka needs a spell on the bench. I think that is beyond question. His confidence is shot to pieces.
And he is a very poor captain. Needs to resign that arm band and concentrate on getting back to some form.

Chang Elephant said:
Great player in his time but looks a touch Osman now (sorry Phil)
Jagielka was NEVER a great player. He's always been pathetic in possession, he isn't and never was a leader, he's poor in the air as well. His main skills are bravery (usually) and last-ditch blocks and tackes. That's about it. He's had good spells where he's looked good in a team performing well, but he's never, ever been anything special.

@butters ....on the subject of Phil Jagielka, you and I are on exactly the same wavelength. Roberto must address his captaincy issue. That armband is doing neither him, the team, nor us fans, any favour.

we have a couple building to the job, I'm not convinced mccarthy is the answer until he starts really taking responsibility on the ball as well as in the tackle, something a top class CM must do. Gibson if he ever got fit enough, right now, even though it feels a little weird having a keeper as skipper, you could say howard is it

Can't see Jags getting dropped tbh, but if he gets injured or actually does get dropped, then I'd agree that the armband will be thrown in Howard's direction. Despite Barkley and Pienaar being injured, Ossie couldn't get on the pitch, even as a sub, which tells us a lot.

Problem for me is that distin was worse the last 2 games so I can't point the finger solely at jags. I think stones does need to replace him based off today's disgraceful performance but distin for me also needs benching if he continues his poor performances with another CB coming in

I've never really trusted jags, he always looks slightly downs to me
I'm sorry Lennie (I mean Jags), but it's for your own good...

5427754.jpg

Jags hasn't been the same since he was injured last year. Distin plays his best, but the pace that he's had in abundance, incredible for his age, has deteriorated massively this year. Stones makes massive mistakes in games that he has not been punished for yet (I think he will be a great player in the future though). We are severely lacking in the centre back region (Alcaraz has played well in that position when he's had to, but is not a first string player). We need to get one, if not two CFs before the transfer window closes.

I have been very happy with the attacking players we've got in, actually ecstatic, however ignoring the defence will come back to bite us a lot this season.

Wild shout lads but what about naismith for some games? Got the attitude for it and younger players could learn off the way he talks puts himself about and overall attitude/effort for the fans/badge, will get in faces and like jags is a top bloke off pitch. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.