Our chances of Champions League football next year?

Champions League, havin' a laugh?

• Yes, we'll do them all.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • No, it's a step too far.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Europa or bust

Votes: 26 18.4%
  • Pan con queso?

Votes: 13 9.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our manager is waiting on his primary target which dictates the rest of the spending thereafter. So all of you just shut up and stop bleating like bloody sheep and sit tight.

Martinez knows what he has to spend. I doubt Big Bill just hands him a blank check book.

Any other season, we'd of walked 4th last year with our points total, the year before would of been enough to tie 2nd place. If we can reproduce a season like that, we'll almost certainly make it this season.

I don't think we'll get Lukaku, and I doubt we'll get a top class striker on loan again, but now is when we can see what Martinez can really do, he's got money, targets, a decent squad and a great opportunity to go for it.

We don't need much, the quality we had last season, and Gibson fit should be enough to secure a similar points total, which I think will be enough for fourth, and the style lends itself to getting the most out of decent players without needing world class ones. Play to the strengths of the team rather the strength of a few players, I think we'll be right up there at the end (Kenwright allowing of course).

Top dogs will take points of each other as usual, we have to do the same.

Martinez knows what he has to spend. I doubt Big Bill just hands him a blank check book.
Yes I'm sure he does, but a striker is going to take an awful lot of his budget and attentions for the next however long. If we don't get Lukaku, I imagine Martinez has a back up, but would like back up to be accompanied with very good winger. If we get Lukaku, we get back up winger or CM or whatever. Our entire window is dictated to us by Lukaku and the manager is willing to be patient.

United are getting by on rep. I wouldn't swap our team for theirs.

I would, RVP, Mata and Rooney up front, I don't care if the rest are one legged, ineligible kids, that front three would have me getting excited every single game.

Hi mate. That's utter bollocks. Just because you haven't head anything doesn't mean nothing's happening. Us not spending money so far this window isn't down to Kenwright. Please knock it off because its becoming incredibly dull and tedious.
Its not utter bollocks at all. 3 out of the last 4 windows (including this one so far). The only thing thats utter bollocks is forever seeing our team standing still, watching the world go by.

Excuse after excuse from the two bob plank.

Can definitely see 3-7 in the table really open and fluid. Not entirely sure Pochettino can get Spurs turned around in one year and feel pretty much the same about Van Gaal and United. We know Wenger isn't aiming any higher than 4th, and Liverpool will be hard pressed to match last season's successes.

I would, RVP, Mata and Rooney up front, I don't care if the rest are one legged, ineligible kids, that front three would have me getting excited every single game.

Oh yeah, there's certain players I'd gladly swap. The key to my statement was the word 'team,' mate. Would I do a wholesale swap? No chance ;)

Its not utter bollocks at all. 3 out of the last 4 windows (including this one so far). The only thing thats utter bollocks is forever seeing our team standing still, watching the world go by.

Excuse after excuse from the two bob plank.
It's so predictable it really is. People don't get what they want when they want, so they get restless and start laying into the board. They are far from angels and I'd love us to just frivolously spend money, but it does not work like that. We are not even half way through this godforsaken window and people are already declaring it a disgrace that Bill hasn't backed Martinez and how things will never change and where's my clown outfit and cake? Just exercise a little patience.

Would I swap Baines for Shaw.. No.

But I would swap Herrera for McCarthy.
McCarthy was arguably our best player last season. Not a chance would i swap him for Herrera. The lad is only going to get better and i didn't even flinch when we paid 13m for him.

It's so predictable it really is. People don't get what they want when they want, so they get restless and start laying into the board. They are far from angels and I'd love us to just frivolously spend money, but it does not work like that. We are not even half way through this godforsaken window and people are already declaring it a disgrace that Bill hasn't backed Martinez and how things will never change and where's my clown outfit and cake? Just exercise a little patience.
Now that you mention this, i think 15 years of zero net spend, is more than a little.

Oh yeah, there's certain players I'd gladly swap. The key to my statement was the word 'team,' mate. Would I do a wholesale swap? No chance ;)
I would, just so I got those three :), they still have a decent squad, just played badly last season. The two additions certainly don't hurt either.

Status
Not open for further replies.