Our chances of Champions League football next year?

Champions League, havin' a laugh?

• Yes, we'll do them all.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • No, it's a step too far.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Europa or bust

Votes: 26 18.4%
  • Pan con queso?

Votes: 13 9.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we ran out of steam at the end, rather than being consistently off the pace. Remember we went into 4th after beating Arsenal, with just a handful of games left. I don't think we missed out on 4th because we had a lesser squad than Arsenal.
I think the main problem was the Jan/Feb period, when we had a few injuries to key players and lost our momentum. That bad run meant we had to have an almost perfect last 12/13 games of the season to get 4th off Arsenal. Was always gonna be a big ask.

I think we ran out of steam at the end, rather than being consistently off the pace. Remember we went into 4th after beating Arsenal, with just a handful of games left. I don't think we missed out on 4th because we had a lesser squad than Arsenal.

Running out of steam is what happens when you have a small squad, though.

In particular the saints game, Lukaku had a shocker but we couldn't switch it around cos there was noone at all on the bench.

fancy the top four to be city, Chelsea, arsenal and united in any order.

us, rs and spurs will fall short

For the 3rd window out of the last 4, bloat head has and is so far failing to back his manager and his team to kick us on, that potentially could see us break into the top 4.

William makes all the right noises when he see's any opportunity at making a few quid but is quieter than a door mouse when its needed to be spent.

To be honest even if we sign Lukaku were still not strengthening on last season. We are actually trying to
Get the same squad we had last year with Lukaku, Barry, Traoure which is a problem with loans.

other teams have strengthened.

Chelsea
Liverpool
United
Arsenal

They have all bought big players.

For the 3rd window out of the last 4, bloat head has and is so far failing to back his manager and his team to kick us on, that potentially could see us break into the top 4.

William makes all the right noises when he see's any opportunity at making a few quid but is quieter than a door mouse when its needed to be spent.
Hi mate. That's utter bollocks. Just because you haven't head anything doesn't mean nothing's happening. Us not spending money so far this window isn't down to Kenwright. Please knock it off because its becoming incredibly dull and tedious.

To be honest even if we sign Lukaku were still not strengthening on last season. We are actually trying to
Get the same squad we had last year with Lukaku, Barry, Traoure which is a problem with loans.

other teams have strengthened.

Chelsea
Liverpool
United
Arsenal

They have all bought big players.

United are getting by on rep. I wouldn't swap our team for theirs.

Hi mate. That's utter bollocks. Just because you haven't head anything doesn't mean nothing's happening. Us not spending money so far this window isn't down to Kenwright. Please knock it off because its becoming incredibly dull and tedious.

It isn't?

Oh excellent, can I assume the club has been sold then? Who's our new owners?

Well who's it down to?. Martinez made a comment last season about how the transfer market should be closed before kick off. He says it is a distraction , yet it looks like where about to do our business late yet again. It's Kenwright being a tight lard ass yet again.

It isn't?

Oh excellent, can I assume the club has been sold then? Who's our new owners?
Well who's it down to?. Martinez made a comment last season about how the transfer market should be closed before kick off. He says it is a distraction , yet it looks like where about to do our business late yet again. It's Kenwright being a tight lard ass yet again.
Our manager is waiting on his primary target which dictates the rest of the spending thereafter. So all of you just shut up and stop bleating like bloody sheep and sit tight.

With the current squad - absolutely zero.

We have no striker who will get us even 10 goals.

With the current squad we'll be fighting for 8/9 position.

If we add a top striker plus one or two others that could transform to a top four push.
I think everyone's forgetting Naismith. He has come on a ton and with another pre-season and his added confidence he will surprise a few next season. Liverpool could find themselves in a similar position to Spurs last year the rate they're signing players and Spurs have a new manager. We have Barry, will have Besick, Traore, Kone, a current Chelsea player, and Gibbo for a start to supplement last years squad plus a couple to come through like Stones and Ross did last year. That's not to mention what other cards Bobby has up his sleeve. COYB. Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.