Negative Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I clapped when Osman missed a sitter
I clapped when Howard gave away a pen
I clapped when Howard missed a catch and they scored
I clapped when Lukaku passed the ball away for the 10th time
I clapped when Atsu miscontrolled the ball and lost it for the 10th time
I clapped when Osman stood there and lost the ball for their 3rd.

You negative lot!! If we all would've clapped and sung, the players would've reacted better and scored ten.

Lukaku only gave away posession 4 times all game

The original poster - if you play like crap and give away games, why should fans be happy with it? They will still cheer and root and spend their hard earned wages to support their club but to fault fans for not applauding mediocrity, FFS

If the team are playing well, the fans being entertained will get behind the lads. However, if the players aren't performing then the expected reaction is more complicated: support the lads or show your displeasure? Both reactions have their reasons for and against.

I think towards the end large swathes of fans were getting behind the boys, but it can be (and was) difficult when they were as poor as they were. Enthusiasm and support are essential, they can be the twelfth man some may say. Yet, sometimes the opposite reaction by fans (frustration and aggression) can have a similar effect. As in any walks of life you'll always have the optimist who goes for the former, while the more pessimist of fans go for the latter - it's all a matter of opinion. Swings and roundabouts you may say.

Last edited:
Catch 22 situation really. The team needs us more than ever when we are playing badly, but when we are playing so badly it is only natural for the crowd to be so flat.

All teams have negative fans mate.

In fact, the default status of the football fan is "bitterly disappointed".

76% possession, yet we got beat today, but we'll recover. Crap teams don't beat Wolfsburg 4-1, do they?

The crowd wouldn't have stopped Howard making two clangers, and the crowd TRIED to help Osman, he chose not to listen

Negative for wanting the best. Dont get this negative and Knee Jerk shouts. The warning signs have been there for ages. Got slagged off for saying it pre season as supposedly its ok to be all over the place then as it doesnt matter. The end of last season we conceeded 4 at Arsenal 3 against city and palace 2 against southampton, cardiff, Swansea not to mention the derby. Out of our last 14 games including pre season weve have won 2. How long do we have to give it before its not knee jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.