Media attempts to 'undermine' EFC - Media one stop shop

How many seperate links to our players leaving will their be until the new transfer window opens

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite having failed to initially hit the ground running, Stones has been in the side for the last few weeks replacing the injured Phil Jagielka.
The 19-year-old centre-back has not looked out of place, though, and is slowly becoming one of the most promising defenders in the Premier League.?

That reads to me that he slowly became ace within a few weeks, how does that work?

So one day one of the thread in summary, we have had:

Barkley to Liverpool (same article mentions interest from City, Chelsea and Man Utd)
Stones to Arsenal and Chelsea
Lukaku to Arsenal and Athletico Madrid

Dont forget Lukaku to Spurs as well

In NZ sports news, they have talked of the top 4 for the last couple of months....until Monday. Now that Arsenal has dropped out, only the top 3 were mentioned along with (and get this!), Spurs remarkable comeback v WBA "to keep their Europe ambitions alive". In NZ newsreaders defence, they are reading straight off the press report out of the UK. I know I shouldn't be irked by such pettiness...but it does sometimes get under my skin. There almost seems a 'DO NOT MENTION EVERTON' motto out there....what are they frightened of? (I think WE know the answer to that!)

I'd be more worried about keeping Martinez at the moment than any player. Currently his stock will by sky high. With Martino arguably going to get the bullet at Barca pre season I would bet that his name will be mentioned in some gutter press articles. Be devestated if that actually comes to pass.
It WILL happen...but not just yet. I think maybe 3-5 years away (all things being equal). Given the dearth of quality in managerial prospects out there I consider it ESSENTIAL that internal succession planning be conducted within Everton Football Club as of right now, and every day. The potential vacuum when/if RM leaves would truly be frightening (unlike Moyes departure which was a faux fear for some).
As I said when he was appointed (vault me) : Everton Football Club is on the verge of something....something WONDERFUL.
The downside to that is when/if he leaves.....and it's a BAD downside.

In NZ sports news, they have talked of the top 4 for the last couple of months....until Monday. Now that Arsenal has dropped out, only the top 3 were mentioned along with (and get this!), Spurs remarkable comeback v WBA "to keep their Europe ambitions alive". In NZ newsreaders defence, they are reading straight off the press report out of the UK. I know I shouldn't be irked by such pettiness...but it does sometimes get under my skin. There almost seems a 'DO NOT MENTION EVERTON' motto out there....what are they frightened of? (I think WE know the answer to that!)

can't argue with that, top 6 gets europe atm.

I never thought the 50+ option in the poll was gonna happen, was taking the piss like. Dreams really do come true.

The media has been an absolute joke (but I repeat myself) when it comes to "reporting" on Everton.

Was listening to the Spurs vs Sunderland match on the radio last week and when Spurs won, the Talksport commentator couldn't stop gushing about it and said something to the effect of "Spurs still within a shout of 4th."

I about intentionally wrecked my car. This guy was having a laugh. Forget the games in hand. Forget the two teams ahead of them. Forget their poor form despite that result. He was being dead serious. No one, and I mean no one has said that Spurs have even a reasonable chance at a CL spot but this guy sure seemed to think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.