Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true, Legs often has good insight in her views.
I feel for Lukaku anyway, he doesn't score and he's crap, has the first touch of a sex pest and is lazy. Then when he does score all it is doing is masking the deficiencies in his game and he's still crap.
Never-mind that he scores at a rate of about 1 in 2 and the rest of the team has been poor so far this season too.
His hold up play and touch has certainly improved from last season for mine, and if things start to click behind him when we get Ross, Kev and Pienaar behind him he'll go on a goal scoring run.
He's only 21 and while there's plenty to improve on, he's still a good player.

make your mind up.

He's far from crap. He's very good in fact. But Pienaar is never at number 10. He's get brushed off the ball way too easy and would spend most of the game throwing himself to the floor

Think this is a great little pic,of his celebration

d25bc06ae1374c8fbe7679a9f9333674.jpg

Who is that phenomenal looking out-of-focus guy in a horse stance on the touchline?

make your mind up.

He's far from crap. He's very good in fact. But Pienaar is never at number 10. He's get brushed off the ball way too easy and would spend most of the game throwing himself to the floor
Those "hes crap" calls aren't my opinion. They're shouts that I consistently see on the forum here, no matter how he plays or what he does. I've always maintained that Lukaku is a good player who has areas to work on but will only get better.

5 in 12 despite playing a few of those games either with an injury or out wide. LOL some Clown's on here same as the ones advocating Ross out wide to accomodate a limited player cus he has slotted a few goals

he had barely any service today, let's be honest. we didn't exactly have many attacks. i just think if he had a proper creative player behind him who spots his runs he would be banging in 25+ in a season. we don't have that here, naismith is more of a poacher and barkley is not a through ball player at all. it's why eto'o behind lukaku could be great to watch because he's the closest we have.

osman and pienaar are sort of that type - but not really the sort of standard i'm looking for.

Had to be super sharp today and be on his toes (including a former recent broken one) to fet onto his goal today. Loving the work rate and commitment to the cause. I was LIVID that he was played through injury, perhaps he forced the issue himself.

Props.

Really like when he gets the ball turns and drives forward, as he did for the second goal, totally skinning that grock Collins in the process. Haven't seen it alot this year.

Running at defenders is one of his best attributes for me, along with his poaching positional sense in the box and his clever lay offs.

Status
Not open for further replies.