Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think this is a great little pic,of his celebration

d25bc06ae1374c8fbe7679a9f9333674.jpg

Not being insulting mate you have your opinion yes we were not great today and the ball was given away a lot by certain players but an off day you can accept but this guy is consistently poor and I suspect I expect a lot more from a 28m forward than you do my patience with lukaku stretches from last season when I thought he was an ok lone player but never would I have made the deal permanent and certainly not at that price I wish he'd prove me wrong but I can't see that happening

He's not a 28mill player but we knew that when we signed him.

The price reflects the potential he has and if a young striker can continue to score close to one in two when they're not even close to being the finished article then they're fine by me.

(Oh and by the way lid @LinekersLegs knows more about football than 99% of the members on here so I'd maybe read her posts with a more open mind in the future)

It was only two games ago he had a superb game against Lille where he did everything but score.

He then followed it up by having a fairly poor game against Sunderland but he should have even scored then so at least was still getting in positions to do so. His game today was worse than Lille but better than Sunderland, not bad given that the three players behind him didn't have especially good performances - a striker often reflects the team.

He is clearly working on his all round game, improving it and still scoring at a consistent ratio to the previous two seasons.

But let's just take those Lukaku tinted glasses off...

:rolleyes:

He is probably worth £28 million because even if he stays at the same level he can play for us for 5 years and then be sold for £15 million, thereby costing us £2.6 million a season, which is not much for a goalscorer. Similar to Fellaini who wasn't worth what we paid for him in pure financial terms but because of his age the fee was fair, although we couldn't have foreseen Moyes going to Utd and paying £27.5 million for him lol

Status
Not open for further replies.