Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know despite these stats he still frustrates the life out of me... Just once, please just once will he use his size to his advantage and dominate a centre half, I don't mean be like a carthorse like Carroll and barge at every opportunity, but more shift his hips and his weight a bit to create half a yard.
I know what you mean, just like bony does at Swansea. Ball sticks when it is played into him and his physicality occupies central defenders every time they challenge for the ball. I just hope big dunc is working overtime on the training pitch, on these aspects of his game.

20 goals in last 42 appearances. Nearly a 1 in 2 ratio despite all those floors.

His touch is improving. He's only 21. Chill out
I can't remember the last player I've watched for the blues who I didn't expect anything to happen when on the ball or around the ball I know he's 21 but I just think he's useless and he's not even looking like he'll prove me wrong

Thought his ball control today was mostly good as was decision making and allround play.

Even if it wasn't he got a goal and did a lovely ball to Eto'o to provide an Osman assist. He now has 5 goals and 1 assist in 12 games even when neither he not the team are playing their best.
Pure luck that when the ball kept coming back at us because he can't hold play up we didn't concede and lose open your eyes or take the lukaku tinted glasses off

Pure luck that when the ball kept coming back at us because he can't hold play up we didn't concede and lose open your eyes or take the lukaku tinted glasses off
We had several players today who were far more guilty of gifting posession to West Ham, half the team probably.

He also did hold play up well imo. But you clearly disagree and it is your perogative to do so, no need to be insulting about it.

I won't to see him in the box more. he keeps coming out to join in the link up play, let the other players do that ,stay on the last defender and get in the box at every opportunity.

We had several players today who were far more guilty of gifting posession to West Ham, half the team probably.

He also did hold play up well imo. But you clearly disagree and it is your perogative to do so, no need to be insulting about it.
Not being insulting mate you have your opinion yes we were not great today and the ball was given away a lot by certain players but an off day you can accept but this guy is consistently poor and I suspect I expect a lot more from a 28m forward than you do my patience with lukaku stretches from last season when I thought he was an ok lone player but never would I have made the deal permanent and certainly not at that price I wish he'd prove me wrong but I can't see that happening

Not being insulting mate you have your opinion yes we were not great today and the ball was given away a lot by certain players but an off day you can accept but this guy is consistently poor and I suspect I expect a lot more from a 28m forward than you do my patience with lukaku stretches from last season when I thought he was an ok lone player but never would I have made the deal permanent and certainly not at that price I wish he'd prove me wrong but I can't see that happening

Have a glass of water before bed, mate x

He has got weaknesses to his game but he has an excellent strike rate, particularly given his age, and seems a nice lad who fits in well with the rest of the team. Despite the price, am very happy we got him as there are few other strikers in the league that I would have preferred that we could have afforded.

But that is the beauty of football, two people can watch the same game or player and come out of it with completely opposite views

Thought he was lazy at times today and made a couple of crap decisions on the ball which showed a lack of composure

He needs to work CBs harder, he was wimping out of aerial duels all afternoon today

Martinez needs to stop blowing smoke up his arse and tell him to up his work rate

Sorry to sound like an old fart but he reminds me of Tony Cottee. We paid a British Record transfer fee for Cottee, and if you put the ball through to him he ran on to it and scored. If you gave him the ball with his back to goal, he lost it. I know people think that because Lukaku is big and strong he should be a hold-up striker, but he obviously isn't. His touch may improve a bit, but he will never be Bob Latchford. If Martinez accepts that Barkley has to play in the hole, and Lukaku has to play on the shoulder of the last man, and then arranges his team around that we'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.