Lukaku on loan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
he has done wonders for WBA - their no1 striker now -
to me loaning a player of that calibre is a win-win situation - especially for a poor club like us -
we would never have afforded him - he gets gametime - and the club wins quite a few more matches - and the fans are relatively happy - so is Chelsea -
it is like a holiday romance - we all know at the start what we are in for and that it is not going to last forever - so lets go for it and make the most of it instead of waiting on the beach the whole holiday waiting for miss right to come walking by -
a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush they say - we are anyway not really taking the developement of our youngsters very seriously if i look at how little exposure we give them at the top level

The thing is, with Chelsea you really never know. It's quite possible that by the time he goes back to Chelsea they'll be several managers down the line from the one who signed him. The new manager might not fancy him and at that point, he's already got a connection with the club... Not taking him on loan was a big mistake, imho.

There's no escaping your past lads...

... bare that in mind in future.

*furiously edits all posts in which I doubt Martinez

Samuel Eto'o was stretchered off tonight for Chelsea. Apparently we have Lukaku until the end of the season whatever happens (according to the Club anyway). I wonder if it is a serious injury, whether it will make it more likely Chelsea try to sign another big name striker in January? There's talk already of them going for Falcao anyway as he's supposedly "unhappy at Monaco". If they did it'd be another barrier between Lukaku and the Chelsea first team..

EDIT: Obviously we'd need to win the Euromillions between now and then

Didn't read the updated bit of the thread, I see I've been beaten to it haha! In my defence I have ripped myself for that a few times since. Shows I know precisely bugger all!

Status
Not open for further replies.