Loan watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey bro.
The idea that going to lower leagues is the best thing for all young players is a lazy football cliché as Some of the coaches and managers at lower leagues are glorified Sunday league managers, some of them are even illiterate. I've dealt with them. People want young and tender players to go to hell holes because it's character building, this is dinosaur mentality. They need elite coaching and training and nutrition EVERY DAY, and with regular playing time almong players in their own age for natural progression and development.
What an odd multi.

I'd rather young players got top coaching here,than playing in teams getting hammered weekly and being pilloried by their fans.
I would agree about the being pilloried; that will certainly not develop a player. Some may mention character building, but that only goes so far.

Nevertheless, the biggest positive about such loan deals is gaining first team experience.

Far too many youngsters are reaching their early twenties without actually playing regular, competitive football.

Coaching and nuturing only goes so far. Also, it can be a great gauge to assess if they will actually cut it at a higher level. Lundstram et al.

If you can send them to a lower league club with a decent set-up, and which gives them playing time without being lambasted then it's all good.

If it doesn't work out then bring them back, as they have obviously done with Courtney. However, if it works then it can allow them to flourish.

...I think/hope the club are selective about which clubs our youngsters are sent to. More specifically, playing for Managers and coaches who can aid their development.

...I think/hope the club are selective about which clubs our youngsters are sent to. More specifically, playing for Managers and coaches who can aid their development.
You would hope so.

Yet, they sent Lundstram to Blackpool; a club in complete chaos brining in an almost entirely new squad, a new manager and in complete limbo.

It does make me question about how selective as a club we are, or at least for some of our younger players.

We've got a genuinely good record regarding developing youth players, so hopefully I am just being over cautious.

With all of these stories emerging about our loaned players, I am starting to come around to the idea of a B team that plays in the lower divisions of the football league.

You would hope so.

Yet, they sent Lundstram to Blackpool; a club in complete chaos brining in an almost entirely new squad, a new manager and in complete limbo.

It does make me question about how selective as a club we are, or at least for some of our younger players.

We've got a genuinely good record regarding developing youth players, so hopefully I am just being over cautious.

....good point, it's probably not a one size fits all situation. Lundstram has been out on loan before and probably needs competitive games at a reasonably high standard. I don't know, but another consideration might be that RM feels he wont make it with us and is simply putting him out there.

Generally you would hope the loan is tailored to the development needs of the individual and longer term benefit of EFC.

The thing is, 4-3-3 is pretty much what we play isn't it? If he's not making the team because of the formation then it's not a good sign. Things don't seem to have worked out for the young lads on loan yet this year. It's a shame.

I posted about the 4-3-3 before I rewatched the interview, he says they changed to a formation with more defenders and CM's, I was thinking 3-5-2 but @cduff says they play 4-2-3-1 the same as us, which makes Kennedys lack of games recently more suprising, you'd of thought the right of the three (Mirallas's position) would be perfect for him.

Someone suggested in this thread that we should loan 3-4 players to the same club and send one of our coaches on loan with them, thought it was a good idea myself.

I would have thought for a wide player there isn't a great deal of difference though. Not enough to warrant being dropped for positional purposes anyway.
Fair point. Maybe it is not just formation. It seems like Stubbs has reverted to a far more defensive outlook (KITAP1) and maybe Kennedys more attacking style doesn't fit in?

Matt Pennington played 90 mins today for Coventry in a 0-0 draw, Hope and Lundstram were not in the match squads for Bury and Blackpool, Matt Keneddy came on as a late sub(84th min) for Hibs in a 2-1 win in the Scotish Cup. I think Hallem Hope might be injured as he has only been in one squad since he went back to Bury and they def rate him there following his loan last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.