Loan watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
True.

Then again, maybe even the best young player would struggle at that shambles of a team at the moment.
Maybe so, however would you not at least expect that he'd be starting or contesting for the squad if he had enough talent or ability?

Today he didn't even make the bench. I hope I am wrong as there was much talk about the lad, and he appeared to do well at Donny and Orient.

Unfortunately though, the current situation isn't painting a perfect picture for his future.

Matthew Pennington will spend another month on loan at League One side Coventry City. The Academy graduate will now stay at the Ricoh Arena until 7 February. The 20-year old has been an ever present since arriving in November, making six appearances for the Sky Blues.

Pennington, whose initial loan spell was due to end on 4 January, has been playing at right-back and Sky Blues manager Steven Pressley is pleased to have extended the deal for the young Blues defender, adding he has been impressed with his professionalism since his arrival.

"We've been really impressed by Matty's performances since he has joined up with us," said Pressley. "He has been excellent not only on the pitch, but the way he conducts himself off it is a credit to the grounding he has received from Everton. "We're delighted to extend his spell here as he has reached all of our expectations both on and off the pitch. His attitude has been superb. He provides us with versatility in defence and we look forward to continue working with him."

Anyone seen/heard how hes been playing?

Matthew Pennington will spend another month on loan at League One side Coventry City. The Academy graduate will now stay at the Ricoh Arena until 7 February. The 20-year old has been an ever present since arriving in November, making six appearances for the Sky Blues.

Pennington, whose initial loan spell was due to end on 4 January, has been playing at right-back and Sky Blues manager Steven Pressley is pleased to have extended the deal for the young Blues defender, adding he has been impressed with his professionalism since his arrival.

"We've been really impressed by Matty's performances since he has joined up with us," said Pressley. "He has been excellent not only on the pitch, but the way he conducts himself off it is a credit to the grounding he has received from Everton. "We're delighted to extend his spell here as he has reached all of our expectations both on and off the pitch. His attitude has been superb. He provides us with versatility in defence and we look forward to continue working with him."

Good to hear. Sounds like he's doing well and will at the very least forge a career for himself in the game.

Hallam Hope looks like he'll be staying at Bury for the remaining part of the season, unless Everton want him back. In another article, Flitcroft confirmed that he didn't want Duffus - as he was having a hard time.

“Hallam’s form is only going to get better and what I wouldn’t like to do is put this work into him over the last eight weeks and then have someone come in and take advantage of that,” he said.

“Maybe that has helped us, with him not scoring.

“I think if he was on six or seven goals now we would have been having a different chat. But he is not.

“He is playing catch-up. He has had six months of not being in a proper training programme, so he is under prepared but I believe he has got elite qualities and it is an open book with him.

“He could be a superb signing if we can make it come together.”

Good to hear. Sounds like he's doing well and will at the very least forge a career for himself in the game.
I think he could still make it at Everton if given the chance, he is full of energy and has the will to win and doesn't
Like losing attitude, something that is sadly missing with a lot of the first team players at the moment.

Just thought id give this a bump as the transfer window is open and would be interesting to see who be loans out 2nd half of the season

Hi,

Coventry fan in peace here, i was after you guys opinion on Pennington and how he is seen at Everton, and what chances you think of us getting him on loan till the end of the season, and even signing him in the summer?

As you some of your younger fans might not be aware Coventry used to be a top team but after 30 odd years in the top division followed by 10 in the championship we now find ourselves in league one and i find myself watching the worst team i've ever had to watch (and i've seen some bad teams).

Then much to delight from nowhere Mr Pennington has turned up and started showing the attitude and no little class that i've been missing for years. He's played half a dozen games for us now and in which time we have kept about the same number of clean sheets as we did all last season!

Until saturday he had played all the games at right back, and although he made all the right runs, and great attitude in that position i couldn't help thinking he was a centre half.

Then on Saturday he finally played at centre half as our centre half got injured in the warm up.

We therefore had a 19 year old left back out our yth team, a 20 year old centre half out of yth team, Pennington and a 20 year old right back out our yth team.

Pennington lead all 3 of them through the 90 mins, won every header, played the ball out the from back brillantly, started almost ever move, and all in all put in one of the best defensive performances i've seen from one of our players for years.

Hi,

Coventry fan in peace here, i was after you guys opinion on Pennington and how he is seen at Everton, and what chances you think of us getting him on loan till the end of the season, and even signing him in the summer?

As you some of your younger fans might not be aware Coventry used to be a top team but after 30 odd years in the top division followed by 10 in the championship we now find ourselves in league one and i find myself watching the worst team i've ever had to watch (and i've seen some bad teams).

Then much to delight from nowhere Mr Pennington has turned up and started showing the attitude and no little class that i've been missing for years. He's played half a dozen games for us now and in which time we have kept about the same number of clean sheets as we did all last season!

Until saturday he had played all the games at right back, and although he made all the right runs, and great attitude in that position i couldn't help thinking he was a centre half.

Then on Saturday he finally played at centre half as our centre half got injured in the warm up.

We therefore had a 19 year old left back out our yth team, a 20 year old centre half out of yth team, Pennington and a 20 year old right back out our yth team.

Pennington lead all 3 of them through the 90 mins, won every header, played the ball out the from back brillantly, started almost ever move, and all in all put in one of the best defensive performances i've seen from one of our players for years.

Cracking to hear that. Obviously we'd love to say he'll have a great future here, but we're pretty well stocked at the back in terms of youngsters. In the middle we have Stones, Ty Browning has looked good and Galloway has a good reputation too. At right back Jonjoe Kenny seems highly thought of, and we have Luke Garbutt coming through at left back. Some great options, so it might be that there's no room for Pennington and he gets first team action elsewhere. Time will tell, but it will certainly do him no harm playing regularly for you guys.

How are you doing in the league this season? I remember the Coventry teams of Dublin, Huckerby and Ndlovu well, and hope you get back towards the top league again before long.

Good to hear you are well stocked at the back, as i saw distin limp off last night and felt a recall coming on! As other than Stones i didn't know any other centre halfs you had.

Yeah i was Goodison the year dublin and huckerby let you guys off the last day of the season to stay up!

The last defender we had off you was Brian Borrows in the 80's if Pennington can do half what he does i'll be very happy.

We are shocking this season, i think Pressley was on the verge of losing his job partly because he has signed so many bad players who have come and gone during his time with us, but Pennington might just have saved it!

Status
Not open for further replies.