Everton fans Attacked in Lille

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, didn't get home till late last night and haven't had chance yet to read every post as tiredness has gone through the floor today. If you go on their online content today, they seem to be telling a different story, saying Everton fans were not to blame and reacted as they did because they thought the same thugs from Wed night had come back for more.

http://www.lavoixdunord.fr/region/l...ncidents-sur-la-grand-place-de-ia19b0n2455738

Not on my reading of that.

Our fans were not "drunken".
A few were but there was plenty of women and children in the crowd also. And plenty of men perfectly in control of their senses.

Our fans were not "rioting".
Most people were stood drinking a beer and talking.

The french police claimed they came under attack. The video footage shows they had batons drawn first and tear gas and CS went out first before the first bottles had hit the ground. Also there is a good 20 feet between the nearest Everton fan and the police.

The French police did not identify themselves properly and were a "snatch squad" and used tactics that they previously used against protesters (and principally what they called anarchists). Our fans are not anarchists or hooligans and were not acting like them either the footage shows. Most were enjoying a drink and being in France and were stood talking and singing songs.

Its these types of distortions that are in that newspaper that allowed the distortion that was Hillsborough.

The only ones pointing weapons there are the French Police.

1418121171_B973892965Z.1_20141025072817_000_GCS3BT8V8.2-0.jpg

Most Fans are holding their drinks thinking "whats going on?"

Some have even got their hands in the pockets. Hardly "aggressive" as that

Didier Perroudon, departmental director of public safety (DDSP)

is claiming.

Its a joke they can or are attempting to claim otherwise.

Its unprofessional. Lazy and ineptitude.

No doubt Merseyside Police have their own views over what went on too.

why didn't they have a nice orderly queueing system implemented in the Metro's

You talking about 4 Cantons after the game? Either way, it was an absolute mess. That chain and barrier half way through the crowd that everyone was having to either climb over or under was a serious problem. The hilarity of the boy with the megaphone telling everyone to calm down as kids and old lads were getting crushed was utterly ludicrous as well. Bad situation that could easily have gone a lot, lot worse.

You talking about 4 Cantons after the game? Either way, it was an absolute mess. That chain and barrier half way through the crowd that everyone was having to either climb over or under was a serious problem. The hilarity of the boy with the megaphone telling everyone to calm down as kids and old lads were getting crushed was utterly ludicrous as well. Bad situation that could easily have gone a lot, lot worse.

Both ends, at Lille Flandres it was mayhem & then also at the other end which I don't know what it was called but it was the last station on the line.

Guest lecturer this morning was a match commander responsible for Everton and Liverpool games. He will be in Wolfsburg next week with Merseyside police. The lecture was not about his work in football, however he did say:

• The French police acted entirely unlike anything the English police were used to
  • They didn't seek to build any rapport with football fans
  • He wasn't impressed by their use of tear gas and their appearing in riot gear
  • The problems were not dissimilar to those that they had when Liverpool faced Lille/Lyon there.
So nothing that we didn't know really, but nice to hear it said by somebody with a professional background in this sort of thing.

Still boils my p*ss when I remember what happened, it was very frightening and completely out of order. Glad that these fans seemed to have had a good time but I'll always have bad memories of Lille, my personal experience was a bad one and I'll always feel me and my brother were treated like dirt from the moment we got there.

Hate the French.

Status
Not open for further replies.