Everton fans Attacked in Lille

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad was the man attacked on the Wednesday night. He was picked up on the Thursday by Merseyside police who wanted to verify the people who attacked him and this Tomasz was the man he picked out.

My dad also said the French police arrested the wrong man in the square. Merseyside police told the French who the suspected drug dealer was and the French still got the wrong person. The Thursday 'violence' could of all been avoided. Merseyside police was also slating the French police.

Hello my English friends !

I hope you enjoyed your stay in Lille and discover our ground.

I also inform you that the "leader" of the attack on Wednesday night at the Australian Bar was arrested Thursday afternoon, and he was sentenced to eight months in prison. And also sorry to see how the police reacted on the main square, ashamed!

Everton & Lille :cheers:

Hello my English friends !

I hope you enjoyed your stay in Lille and discover our ground.

I also inform you that the "leader" of the attack on Wednesday night at the Australian Bar was arrested Thursday afternoon, and he was sentenced to eight months in prison. And also sorry to see how the police reacted on the main square, ashamed!

Everton & Lille :cheers:
thanks for that any lille fans comeing over will be safe i was in k had good time with your fans inside and out

What happened with the Eurostar back yesterday? We got there a good hour before our train (1636) and only got through all the checks with 15 mins to spare. Looked like there were loads of people behind us who'd got there in good time and still missed their train.

We were booked on the 8.30pm from Brussels. We were put on the Eurostar from Paris at 9.15pm that was asked to make an unscheduled stop at Lille to help clear the backlog of Everton fans and French travellers. We started queuing at before 7pm. There were plenty in the 150 yd queue who were meant to be on the 7.35pm and never made it even though this train was held back to 8pm. We think the train that was meant to be our 8.30pm was held back until about 9.30pm and hopefully was enough to get everyone home, I certainly hope so as it would have been the last train of the night. But as for getting trains home from Euston, who knows, loads of fans must have been really struggling here.

thanks for that any lille fans comeing over will be safe i was in k had good time with your fans inside and out

My wife and I were in K03, 4 rows from the front and the French guys around us were absolutely fine with us. After the game, we were let out straightaway, and had no concerns at all walking back to 4 Cantons or getting the metro back to Rihour, not the slightest whiff of anyone wanting to cause us bother. The only thing that could have been better was more regard for safety at Lille Flanders metro at 6pm and 4 Cantons at just after 9pm, way too many fans to be allowed in by the Robocops without some sort of control to ensure safety.

On Thurs, I had no idea there had been any 'trouble' until a friend texted me from home at about 5pm. We had had a few beers near the Opera House (the bar with the Southport Blues flag) then we went off to the old Flemish part nearby for a nice lunch and then came back through the grand place at 2.45pm. Lots of broken glass and empty bottles on the ground but otherwise it looked like business as normal...flags, singing, drinking and Everton fans taking photos with the Robocops, who all seemed happy and were stood out on the fringes just watching and chatting. I was genuinely amazed that anything had happened and found out most of the information from reading the local La Voix du Nord paper the next day. The coverage in it (and on their website since) seemed fair to us, calling the incident "brief and intense" and commenting on the "astronomical quantity of alcohol" consumed and the "tribal football songs being sung in North of England accents".

why didn't they have a nice orderly queueing system implemented in the Metro's

They laugh at the fact that Les Rost Boeufs are happy to stand in a line waiting then provided a bottleneck at both ends.

In the main though, I have to admit that apart from that & the so called 'riot' I found their police to be approachable despite their menacing look & were happy to help with directions & happy to speak English.

It was the important stuff they were rubbish at though, including as Sheedy said taking his daughter away to frisk her despite only being 14 & ordering him to go inside & not wait for her.

On Thurs, I had no idea there had been any 'trouble' until a friend texted me from home at about 5pm. We had had a few beers near the Opera House (the bar with the Southport Blues flag) then we went off to the old Flemish part nearby for a nice lunch and then came back through the grand place at 2.45pm. Lots of broken glass and empty bottles on the ground but otherwise it looked like business as normal...flags, singing, drinking and Everton fans taking photos with the Robocops, who all seemed happy and were stood out on the fringes just watching and chatting. I was genuinely amazed that anything had happened and found out most of the information from reading the local La Voix du Nord paper the next day. The coverage in it (and on their website since) seemed fair to us, calling the incident "brief and intense" and commenting on the "astronomical quantity of alcohol" consumed and the "tribal football songs being sung in North of England accents".

Mate I've quoted that paper several times in this thread!

1. Days before it was all "security operation will be colossal" and all frightening since us Evertonians are on our way and it will just like PSV in 2011 again.

2. Then its had some French Police quotes in - the "astronomical alcohol" is all about trying to paint our fans as "drunken fans".

3. Then they referred to Everton's fans as "rioters".

That newspaper and some of the quotes has deliberately tried to paint us as the instigators.The video footage showed NO VIOLENCE until the plain clothed - un identified police waded in with battons drawn.

Tried to excuse the unjustified use of tear gas and rubber bullets.

Its been so bad its untrue.

The French Police have been caught on camera acting illegally

The world has seen as a consequence and no amount of them spinning / re-writing things is going to change the facts.

THERE WAS NO JUSTIFICATION FOR TEAR GAS. CS SPRAY AND RUBBER BULLETS.

Sorry, didn't get home till late last night and haven't had chance yet to read every post as tiredness has gone through the floor today. If you go on their online content today, they seem to be telling a different story, saying Everton fans were not to blame and reacted as they did because they thought the same thugs from Wed night had come back for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.