Everton fans Attacked in Lille

Status
Not open for further replies.
Balanced from city apart from a fee posters who claimed we took 3k fans max.

That's despite selling 5.5k official tickets and 2 extra blocks tagged in to make an "unofficial" away end
Some people are just small-time and refuse to give any credit. Absolutely nothing to back up their claims but won't accept that we took decent numbers

What happened with the Eurostar back yesterday? We got there a good hour before our train (1636) and only got through all the checks with 15 mins to spare. Looked like there were loads of people behind us who'd got there in good time and still missed their train.

im a bit shocked about how police works here. civils on...guns on belt...clubs ffs.
i actually didnt know they can use this kind of tactics...
by the looks of it they enjoyed it.

fk the french police

Some news in our local newspaper, La Voix du Nord :

Huit mois de prison
D’autres incidents sont survenus mercredi soir, dans le Vieux-Lille. Des supporters d’Everton ont été agressés par des hooligans lillois aux abords de l’Australian Bar et du Queen’s Head. « C’était une attaque lâche, condamne Andrew Becker, le patron des deux établissements. Les bars étaient remplis. Il y avait des pères de famille avec leurs enfants. C’était une bonne ambiance. Une soixantaine de supporters du LOSC, certains avec des gants et capuches, ont attaqué une vingtaine de clients qui fumaient dehors. Ils leur ont jeté des chaises et donné des coups. » Un homme, légèrement blessé, a été conduit à l’hôpital. Les assaillants se sont dispersés à l’arrivée de la police. « Et les policiers ont gazé les Anglais… » Didier Perroudon, patron la police du Nord, justifie cet usage de gaz lacrymogène : « Des supporters d’Everton ont été agressifs à notre égard.»

L’expédition des ultras lillois a été filmée. L’un d’eux, Thomasz S., de la mouvance identitaire, a été interpellé jeudi. Jugé hier, il a écopé de huit de mois prison, sans mandat de dépôt. Un autre participant aux violences s’est rendu à la police hier.
http://www.lavoixdunord.fr/region/l...ncidents-sur-la-grand-place-de-ia19b0n2455738

One guy has been arrested after the attack at the Australian Bar. He's a far right activist and was probably the leader of the "Australian Bar Commando". He has been condemned to 8 months of prison.

Il est environ 14 h 15, jeudi. Des milliers de supporters d’Everton s’alcoolisent dans le centre en attendant le match du soir face au LOSC. Ambiance bon enfant, familiale. L’un des policiers anglais présents aux côtés des Français repère un hooligan d’Everton connu pour dealer de la drogue. Pas question de l’appréhender au milieu de la foule ivre, avec le risque que la situation dégénère. « Il est décidé de le contrôler s’il est en situation isolée », indique Didier Perroudon, directeur départemental de la sécurité publique (DDSP). Des policiers en civil de la BAC tentent de le contrôler alors qu’il est seul rue des Sept Agaches, une ruelle menant à la Grand-Place. « Mais l’individu se sauve, abandonnant son blouson et réclamant de l’aide. Une cannette est jetée vers les policiers. »

La BAC le suit sur la Grand-Place et le scénario à éviter se produit : arrestation parmi la cohue. « Ça aurait été mieux de la faire ailleurs mais quand on commence une action, il faut qu’elle se termine », justifie Didier Perroudon. La scène excite les supporters autour, dont plusieurs ne se rendent pas compte qu’ils font face à des policiers. D’autant que les agents ne mettent pas leur brassard tout de suite. « Il y a eu des interprétations parfois erronées. »

Les flash-ball ont été utilisés en « légitime défense »

Assaillie de jets de bouteilles, la BAC se réfugie devant l’entrée du Furet. Des renforts avec casques et boucliers se déploient autour d’eux. Deux grenades lacrymogènes sont lancées. Surtout, il y a deux tirs de flash-ball. Un supporter d’Everton de 66 ans est évacué à l’hôpital par les pompiers. Légèrement blessé à la tête, il affirme avoir été touché par une balle en mousse de flash-ball : « Pour l’instant, on ne sait pas, tempère Didier Perroudon. Une enquête est en cours. »

Il estime que les flash-ball ont été utilisés en « légitime défense, afin de se dégager. Après, quand la foule bouge, un tir peut arriver à la tête ». Les incidents n’ont duré que quelques minutes. La bonne ambiance est ensuite revenue. Quant à l’Anglais interpellé, il a été libéré hier, l’enquête se poursuit.
http://www.lavoixdunord.fr/region/l...ncidents-sur-la-grand-place-de-ia19b0n2455738

There's an investigation about the troubles on the Grand Place and the use of "flash-balls".
They said in the newspapers that the hooligan/drug dealer was spotted by a british policeman in a street near the Main Square but the guy runs to the Main Square and the policemen run after him but they were not clearly indentify as policemen. And you know what happenend after that.

Last edited:
They said in the newspapers that the hooligan/drug dealer was spotted by a british policeman in a street near the Main Square but the guy runs to the Main Square and the policemen run after him but they were not clearly indentify as policemen.

That British policeman needs his arse kicking. The order of the day was policing a large scale football match not arresting a petty criminal that could be dealt with on Merseyside.

So ... over 2 days (with a few hundred Blues arriving on the Wednesday) and having 5.3K + the 'extras' on Thursday ... 1) How many Lille supporters or residents have reported being assaulted/threatened & how many Evertonians have reported being assaulted 2) How many bars have reported damage (deliberately broken glasses, furniture, windows)? 3) How many crimes (petty stealing) attributable to Evertonians have been reported? 4) How many Evertonians were arrested?? 5) How many Lille (French) fans arrested? How many French Police/CRS injured?? What happened in the square was disorder but certainly not a 'Riot'. Some of the reporting has been completely distorted and sensationalised.

The Grand Place was allegedly smashed up??? Apart from a few bottles knocked over by the footballs (& a few bottles which should not have been hurled during the 'incident') I saw very little evidence of any damage. Admittedly I missed the 5/10 minute shenanigans, but was there the night before & also about midday for a while & also about 30 mins after it was all over. Everything was back to normal & I didn't even know it had kicked off until somebody told us.

From what I saw the Grand Place was never exclusively Blues at any time ... so when the bizzies let off their fireworks there were more than likely quite a few Lille men, women & children passing through going about their business, like they had been throughout the day. What about their safety?? Appalled at the 'tactics' & lack of discretion!!!

As for the local economy ... food, drink, hotels, transport etc etc Evertonians probably bunged somewhere between 300/500 K into the coffers.

Ps. Met Hullefc (Got) in the square - sound fella!!!

Oh, forgot to mention seeing Mark Higgins, suited up in the corner bar about 12.30pm, (towards where the riot cops were later charging).

Hope the police that were searching on the gates at the stadium don't get away with it. The force they used was ridiculous both me, my mum and the girl next to us were searched twice and it wasn't 'normal' searching, so inappropriate!!!

Make sure to report that to EFC, so maybe something can be done about it.

Hope the police that were searching on the gates at the stadium don't get away with it. The force they used was ridiculous both me, my mum and the girl next to us were searched twice and it wasn't 'normal' searching, so inappropriate!!!

The Gendarme mobile don't have women on the non commissioned ranks. Only female officers so theres very few women (< 10% ) and its a very closed unaccountable culture. Probably because of its military origins. Which does not translate to a good police force.

I believe the CRS (riot police) do have women but again very few.

And there are few women to do pat dowms like at Goodison where there's a fair few female stewards on the gates.

I think the French police have shown everyone how not to run a football match.

This report shows the French are not set up to police football matches and instead were treating traveling Everton fans like violent political anarchist protesters. Which is nonsense.

Theyre there to spend money. Have an ale and watch football.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14462319

Last year the French police had to deal with wide-scale protests over pension reform. Certainly in Paris they deployed large numbers of CRS riot police and gendarmes. Often the numbers of police overwhelmed the protesters. The impression given was that the police wanted to intimidate protestors from starting unrest.

At demonstrations they employed snatch-squads: teams of up to 10 men in plain clothes who went into a crowd and pulled out those they regarded as "les casseurs" - "the breakers".

Again they were pro-active when demonstrations ended. One night I watched them swamp La Place de la Bastille. They liberally and sometimes controversially used pepper spray and tear gas but they psychologically had the upper hand and those who might have had riot in mind dispersed.

It just shows they were out of their depth and clueless when faced with 10,000 peaceful football fans having a beer.

Myself the mrs and our 3 lads entered through entrance JKL we were asked if we were French or English we told them English me and the 3 lads were searched by the blokes and the wife by at least 5 women officers she said they where a bit OTT (possibly 3 mile hikes) but other than that no problems we sat with the French fans in k03 with a couple of other blues no problems whatsoever gave the fella behind me the Wolfsburg tickets from3 match pack thought he'd won the lottery thought our fans weren't quite as loud as they could have been but I suppose 24 hrs not stop on the wallop does take its toll !! On the whole did not have any problems with policing we were sat at a bar outside Rihour Metro while the fracas was taking place about 200 metres away didn't even realise what was happening thought our fans were great ambassadors bring on Wolsburg

Some news in our local newspaper, La Voix du Nord :

One guy has been arrested after the attack at the Australian Bar. He's a far right activist and was probably the leader of the "Australian Bar Commando". He has been condemned to 8 months of prison.

There's an investigation about the troubles on the Grand Place and the use of "flash-balls".
They said in the newspapers that the hooligan/drug dealer was spotted by a british policeman in a street near the Main Square but the guy runs to the Main Square and the policemen run after him but they were not clearly indentify as policemen. And you know what happenend after that.

The translation of that article is an absolute disgrace.

Clear attempt to avoid accountability by vilification by the media.

Distortions of what happened.

"DRUNKEN CROWD"

I doubt all the women and children were drunk!

Because the French Police lack accountability.

The claims of self defence are laughable. They are so bad.

An Everton supporter of 66 years is taken to hospital by firefighters. Slightly wounded in the head, he says he was hit by a foam ball flash ball

Slightly wounded?

A hit to the temple is enough to kill someone.

They're clearly stung by the criticism and video footage.

Because that brings accountability.

And the police gassed the English ... "Didier Perroudon, North police boss justifies the use of tear gas:" The Everton fans were aggressive towards us. "

Theyre aggressive as theyve just been attacked. The first thing they the police should of done was calm things down and got statements. Instead they sprayed gas.

Unbelievable ineptitude.

Too liberal with the gas. Lazy and ill disciplined.

They deserve all the condemnation theyve got coming.

Last edited:
Lets make it clear.

I cannot ever imagine Merseyside police using tear gas or pepper spray and battons outside Goodison

Unless there was serious life threatening type disorder. As the impacts of using it are huge and negative for the police.

The police are there to keep things calm and using tear gas never achieves this. Its like using a nuke.

The French police considering they're hosting a major tourmament in 18 months need criticism. Or we'll have this happen again.

I just got back.
Stayed an extra night in the Hotel L'ermitage. Top city, really enjoyed it.

The locals were really nice but the police were tools.
Left the square just as it was getting tasty and got off the metro shortly before a load of "african lads with bats" stormed a carriage and gave a load of ours a few digs.

The worst bit of the whole trip was the game - ffs, so average and pedestrian it makes me mad.

Hibbert and Jags the only positive.

Balanced from city apart from a fee posters who claimed we took 3k fans max.

That's despite selling 5.5k official tickets and 2 extra blocks tagged in to make an "unofficial" away end

City take about 2-3k to the Nou Camp

Horrible bellend support who have to do a buy one get one free on tickets for CL games

I don't buy this 'known' hooligan/drug dealer balloney. If he was a 'known' hooligan how can the authorities allow him out of the country to attend a football match? They confiscated 300 or so 'known' British hooligans passports to stop them attending the world cup. But they can't stop 1 'known' Everton hooligan going to Lille.

And a 'known' drug dealer is allowed to travel all the way from Liverpool to Lille and not get stopped and searched for drugs by Custom Officers and the sniffer dogs were not used to sniff out his hidden drugs? He is not a drug dealer without drugs. He is a bloke that deals in Liverpool maybe but was he dealing in Lille? And if they wanted to search him why not at the border? And if he had got drugs by other means then why didn't they follow him and catch him dealing?

Something isn't quite right about the reasons they were trying to arrest 1 or was it 2 'known' faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.