Everton fans Attacked in Lille

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/everton-fans-making-friends.983220/

Haha, funny reading through this, Sunderland supporters seem to think we deseved what we got yesterday because we supposedly battered some of their young supporters in the semi-replay a couple of years ago. Some bad chip on shoulder types on there. Suppose it must come from supporting an absolute cack team and never getting to experience the joys of getting abused by foreign police

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=306963

Bit more balanced from City who know the score

Used to work with a lot of mackems back in army days. First to pipe up about scousers and liverpool and not just having 'banter' either! Can't stand them tbh was gutted when they never went down

For real ? Well the French media sh*t on him almost every week...
Yes I found it amazing that he won the title with Montpellier against the money of PSG and Monaco, as we are a (relatively) poor club I thought he would have done well for us against our richer rivals, also liked that he has a track record of developing youth players (his work with the France youth teams)

Tried getting on the metro after the game, we got crushed while police watched, people were shouting and screaming and it was genuinely unpleasant...what did the watching police do? Did they help? Did they try and split up the crowd to stop the crush?

Non!....they instead got their batons and spray out ready...ready for what i don't know!

Coming out of the game was ridiculous. The police were all battoned up with the riot gear on, not sure who they thought we were.

As for the searches on the way in, well....

Used to work with a lot of mackems back in army days. First to pipe up about scousers and liverpool and not just having 'banter' either! Can't stand them tbh was gutted when they never went down
Used to have the proverbial soft spot for Sunderland but the more I've seen and heard of them theyre the biggest gobsh!tes out there in my opinion. Badly anti-scouse with a small-time mentality

But who in there right minds sends armed plain clothed bizzies into a group of away fans.

And the policing away from the reported problems was just as bad, and the stewards at the ground must be related to purple aki how rough they were being with the body searches.

Hope the club do something, seen on twitter fat whack joe anderson is going to fight our corner too

Those searches were borderline sexual assault. And twice? Wasnt so much getting felt up, it was more like a quicky. Spent 15 minutes redressing myself afterwards. If thats how they search football fans, Id hate to see how they search criminals...Then they confiscated this from me, a 6 inch tall plastic toy Id bought in a comic shop earlier in the day. Apparently this is a 'forbidden' and dangerous item...

15591051086_e07d815849.jpg

Id love to know which part of their ground regulations covers that...suppose I should just be thankful they didnt pepper spray me for arguing about it.

Haha, funny reading through this, Sunderland supporters seem to think we deseved what we got yesterday because we supposedly battered some of their young supporters in the semi-replay a couple of years ago. Some bad chip on shoulder types on there. Suppose it must come from supporting an absolute cack team and never getting to experience the joys of getting abused by foreign police

Is this the same Cup replay where hundreds of them waited outside for us and then attacked us walking back to the coaches? Bellends.

Serious question about these so called criminals who had been spotted and set on by the plain clothes thugs that started all this...if we're talking a known Everton supporting hooligan, why did the police not exercise their powers before the game to have him hand over his passport? This is pretty common from the police over here when clubs play abroad, but rather than do that, they decided to send in a loads of black clad thugs up for cracking some English skulls and give them a reason to start all that trouble? The police were scumbags, all they were waiting for was any excuse to send in the riot squad, and when it didnt happen, made up a reason. The BBC local news report on the incident this afternoon was disgusting and amateur. They didnt even have a reporter out there, their 'footage' was lifted straight from that video thats been all over YouTube. The story is being told completely differently by media outlets like the Mail and the Echo, who actually had journalists and photographers out there, seeing what happened for themselves and talking to witnesses at the time.

[
Serious question about these so called criminals who had been spotted and set on by the plain clothes thugs that started all this...if we're talking a known Everton supporting hooligan, why did the police not exercise their powers before the game to have him hand over his passport? This is pretty common from the police over here when clubs play abroad, but rather than do that, they decided to send in a loads of black clad thugs up for cracking some English skulls and give them a reason to start all that trouble? The police were scumbags, all they were waiting for was any excuse to send in the riot squad, and when it didnt happen, made up a reason. The BBC local news report on the incident this afternoon was disgusting and amateur. They didnt even have a reporter out there, their 'footage' was lifted straight from that video thats been all over YouTube. The story is being told completely differently by media outlets like the Mail and the Echo, who actually had journalists and photographers out there, seeing what happened for themselves and talking to witnesses at the time.[/QUOTE]

Some lad I spoke to in the ground said that it was apparently a well know pick pocket that got picked up by plained clothed french bizzies. And because they went a bit heavy handed a few blues took exception to this cos they obviously didnt know what was really going on. Does make any excuse for those knobheads throwing bottles though, not good. Also no excuse for the bizzies to launch a CS canister straight away. I did get the generally feeling, especially walking to and from the ground, that the Gendarmes all kitted out in their gear were just itching for an excuse to wade in - obviously their only oppourtunity to do it 'legally'.
And about the metro on the way back. Yes it was a bit crowded and people needed to be patient, but it didn't help when all those beauts decided to storm the side gate because they could be arsed waiting. Talk about giving the gendarmes an excuse.

All in all though a decent couple of days. Enjoy a few beers like, but some fans take the piss - no pun intended

There's practically never been hooligans in Lille. The only firm we've ever had (the LOSC army) is just a bunch of far-right extremists spending their time chasing leftists in bars. And there's never been 50 of them (more like 20 maximum). So my question is : isn't it weird that all of a sudden, 50 to 100 hooligans appear out of nowhere to attack fans of a team that we do not particulary dislike ? Paris is only one hour by train...

But I agree that the Police and security are very thick. Sadly, football fans have to go through this kind of mindset every week in France.

Anyway, it was a pleasure discussing with you evertonians. Wish you the best with the Premier League and see you very soon !

Plenty of videos on youtube that contradict that. Lille seem to have a bit of rivalry with Lyon especially.

And I'm reliably informed the numbers were bolstered by Bruges hooligans.

Balanced from city apart from a fee posters who claimed we took 3k fans max.

That's despite selling 5.5k official tickets and 2 extra blocks tagged in to make an "unofficial" away end

Hope the police that were searching on the gates at the stadium don't get away with it. The force they used was ridiculous both me, my mum and the girl next to us were searched twice and it wasn't 'normal' searching, so inappropriate!!!

Coming out of the game was ridiculous. The police were all battoned up with the riot gear on, not sure who they thought we were.

As for the searches on the way in, well....
I'm afraid we have to contend with the fact we are from the same city as a club with such a horrendous past in Europe.(n)

Status
Not open for further replies.