Everton fans Attacked in Lille

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole lifestyle of the french is mad , some tramp with a dog was brandishing a blade waving it about , the crs just took it off him and told him to be on his way.

Was just having lunch in the Café Leffe at the Grand Place, when it went off. From where I was sitting it looked like the main Everton group in the centre of the square was being attacked by a few Lille, seems like it were plain dressed policemen though if understood corectly. A few punches were thrown and the ones I assumed to be Lille backed off. At that point there were a few litte bangs and you could see quite a lot of smoke from within the middle of the Everton group.

Idiotic decision making by the French police in my opinion and by no means necessary. Luckily things calmed down quickly after. Think that's all down to the friendly nature of the Everton support. If it had been a Dutch club, like Feyenoord for instance I'm convinced the whole place would've been smashed to pieces.

But who in there right minds sends armed plain clothed bizzies into a group of away fans.

And the policing away from the reported problems was just as bad, and the stewards at the ground must be related to purple aki how rough they were being with the body searches.

Hope the club do something, seen on twitter fat whack joe anderson is going to fight our corner too

But I agree that the Police and security are very thick. Sadly, football fans have to go through this kind of mindset every week in France.

Sounds like our "spotter" police fouled this up wanting to arrest two individuals over matters not conected to any trouble on the day in question. They got your police involved in something that didn't need to happen. Absolute bellends.

There's practically never been hooligans in Lille. The only firm we've ever had (the LOSC army) is just a bunch of far-right extremists spending their time chasing leftists in bars. And there's never been 50 of them (more like 20 maximum). So my question is : isn't it weird that all of a sudden, 50 to 100 hooligans appear out of nowhere to attack fans of a team that we do not particulary dislike ? Paris is only one hour by train...

But I agree that the Police and security are very thick. Sadly, football fans have to go through this kind of mindset every week in France.

Anyway, it was a pleasure discussing with you evertonians. Wish you the best with the Premier League and see you very soon !

I think it's the same everywhere in Europe (outside Britain that is). Policing around football games more often than not is the cause rather than the cure for football violence.

Can't believe how this seems to have been reported at home, was a bit bad for 5 .minutes but blues were stopping the idiots who were lobbing bottles. Woman in a shop said that the crs weren't lille police, in her words "they have come from Paris & they are batsards"
Policing in the metro and at the ground was ridiculous, 3 full sear he's going in, wish the Mrs would frisk me like that, lads had paid Euros for less contact.

Alright everyone, just got back home and I'm extremely shattered. 1.30am ferry and then an 8 hour drive from dover. What a tale. Sure there's been hundreds on here telling you what really happened in that square but I'll add my five cents too.

Was right there in the square when it all happened, there were thousands of us all having a great time. Everyone was having a ball singing and dancing, it was amazing to be with so many of your fellow blues to far away from home. Such a great atmosphere, we have such special fans. Can't this stress enough, nobody was causing trouble. Nobody was fighting, nobody was smashing up shops and nobody was doing anything to bother locals in any way, in fact all the Frenchies were laughing and recording on their phone. Was such great fun, all that was done that I think may have angered the police was one lad started up a flare and was dancing with it.

In the middle of singing the Class of 85 song some random bloke was bundled to the ground by about a dozen fellas dressing head to foot in black leather and hoodies. When everyone turned around to look, the cowards pulled their big batons out and start screaming at us all. Dunno what they were saying but it was definitely aggressive, it was intimidating to say the least. Everyone was convinced they were Ultras who'd turned up out the blue to have a fight. Learned later on they were actually undercover police but they're behaviour was frankly nothing short of despicable. Absolute animals.

The tear gas was completely unnecessary. Hundreds of kids with their mums and dads were in the crowd, the police set it off and as soon as the bang went off everyone completely sh*t themselves and started to run. I went into Usain Bolt mode and just absolutely legged, terrified thinking we were being chased by hooligans with weapons.

I've read since last night that not only did the set off the tear gas, they also started hitting random people with their weapons. Despicable, I've seen some photos of our supporters, some of the OAPS, who have been attacked by the police who are meant to be keeping order.

Only just reading up on how it's been reported over but if any [Poor language removed] comes out and tries to blame us for any of this I will go beserk. We did absolutely nothing wrong as anyone who was really there will confirm. The French police are nothing but horrible thugs who were well out of their depth and simply couldn't handle the numbers. Not good enough, that city should issue an official apology for how we were treated.

Before the chaos;

B0s9YnwIIAAhk_g.jpg:large

B0s96nsIUAE3LpG.png:large

B0s9_bqIcAALD8x.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.