2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

The other lot have 3 strikers .....Salah - Nunes & Jota or another - when they go forward they pass not hoof it like we do ....
Very different players to Beto and DCL though. And our wingers don't have the pace like theirs do.

We play passing football sometimes, but only in certain areas and I agree it is frustrating to see us lump it up there rather than progress up the pitch with the ball on the floor

Very different players to Beto and DCL though. And our wingers don't have the pace like theirs do.

We play passing football sometimes, but only in certain areas and I agree it is frustrating to see us lump it up there rather than progress up the pitch with the ball on the floor
I agree,but if we lump it we need two strikers constantly down the channels in the box - indeed Betos first goal came from the wing position...

I agree,but if we lump it we need two strikers constantly down the channels in the box - indeed Betos first goal came from the wing position...
That goal was our best football all year - but came because we had that extra man in the middle (I think it was Harrison on that occasion playing the second striker/no.10) showing for the ball central as well as making runs out wide: giving us the numerical superiority to retain it in wide areas, create overloads and recycle it. If we want that footy then we can't play Beto and DCL, but if we want hoofball then maybe both up top would work.

I think Dyche wants a team that can do both - play direct as well as play keep ball.

We're so thin in midfield though that any injuries in there and the system fails. Either way we need strengthening, but how? Reports seem to suggest we're still in a position where we need to sell to buy

That goal was our best football all year - but came because we had that extra man in the middle (I think it was Harrison on that occasion playing the second striker/no.10) showing for the ball central as well as making runs out wide: giving us the numerical superiority to retain it in wide areas, create overloads and recycle it. If we want that footy then we can't play Beto and DCL, but if we want hoofball then maybe both up top would work.

I think Dyche wants a team that can do both - play direct as well as play keep ball.

We're so thin in midfield though that any injuries in there and the system fails. Either way we need strengthening, but how? Reports seem to suggest we're still in a position where we need to sell to buy
Atm all the team are failing to convert the few chances we get - we seriously have to address the lack of players in the opposition box when we attack .

Exactly how would you get to vault this??
By scoring 3 goals in 3 games on his return?? I know he will do that but that will be 3 in 15 gsmes, not good enough nowhere near good enough!

He offers zero at the minute absolutely nothing.

Sick of hearing about excuses for the lad ‘can’t catch a break’ at the same time you’re probably laughing you head off at Darwin Nunzez saying he’s garbage Because he misses at hatful if chances ever week
Difference is nunez gets about 8 chances a game, dcl gets one or two.

I think we will struggle to get up the pitch with Beto but I’m hoping I’m wrong.

He's out for two PL games. There's an argument he could do with being benched anyway, one I subscribe to. It's just a pity he's not available off the bench though. That's the damage of the suspension IMO.

He reacted well to adversity last time when he was brought off with his cheekbone injury. Maybe he comes back and bags a couple. But Beto is a better bet for us right now. If I'm a PL defender I know which one Ild rather face, and it wouldn't be the one who is physically stronger than me and demonstrates good movement on the edge of the box.

Beto wont let anyone down.

Difference is nunez gets about 8 chances a game, dcl gets one or two.

I think we will struggle to get up the pitch with Beto but I’m hoping I’m wrong.
We make chances though, I do wish people would stop peddling this myth. We are mid table in terms of team xG and top 6 in terms of xA our issue is that the front 5/6 are not clinical whatsoever. We clearly need to spend more time working on shooting drills and final 3rd scenarios as at the moment we just waste good play much of the time.

We make chances though, I do wish people would stop peddling this myth. We are mid table in terms of team xG and top 6 in terms of xA our issue is that the front 5/6 are not clinical whatsoever. We clearly need to spend more time working on shooting drills and final 3rd scenarios as at the moment we just waste good play much of the time.
We make a lot of chances but they don’t just fall to dcl

We make a lot of chances but they don’t just fall to dcl
He had 1 chance last night, which he showed every ounce of his form with.

People in here acting like hes missing them every 10minutes like Nunez.

Not defending him as such, his finishing has been poor recently and hes bang out of form, but it makes sense why the Gaffer is sticking with him, cos he aint gonna get out of his rut sitting on the bench.

The thing that bugs me the most is how do you not call it a foul on the field then make that decision WITH VIDEO EVIDENCE that is beyond harsh? Dom had studs up. True. But did Dom tackle directly through the man or was he playing the ball? You can see his foot do a curling motion at the end to corral the ball. It was obviously not malicious and he had no intent to hurt the guy. How do you go back and give that after the decision had already been made? It was one thing to call it on the field but with video evidence on your side it is criminal.

The thing that bugs me the most is how do you not call it a foul on the field then make that decision WITH VIDEO EVIDENCE that is beyond harsh? Dom had studs up. True. But did Dom tackle directly through the man or was he playing the ball? You can see his foot do a curling motion at the end to corral the ball. It was obviously not malicious and he had no intent to hurt the guy. How do you go back and give that after the decision had already been made? It was one thing to call it on the field but with video evidence on your side it is criminal.
IF thats a red card teams would finish with 6 men every game.

End of as Joey would say.

I have had Talksport on most of the day. Not one presenter, pundit, guest (inc ex refs) agreed with the red. I didnt count them, but I reckon the overwhelming response was it wasnt even a foul, as the on field ref judged.