2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

This won’t get overturned I’m sure of it!

It’s not even a foul but they will go with the laws of the game.
Straight leg
Studs up
Off the floor
Made contact minimal but contact.

Decision upheld 3 game ban
Yeah I don’t think it will get overturned either. It’ll highlight the decision for the joke it was even more if they do.

This should have been overturned as quickly as the Beto penalty was looked at and dismissed last night. The commentator (not sure how they know but it's obvious they're fed the VAR outcome first) said it'd been looked at and dismissed within about 10 seconds of him being manhandled.

An absolute disgrace what's gone against us this month alone, match fixing at the highest level.

The fact it hasn't already been overturned suggests it won't be.

It's better effect of two Liverpool play with 3 forwards - when we get wide - just look next time how many blue shirts are in the box 1 DCL with two defenders on him - if he was getting 3 clear cur chances per game OK - one every blue moon - he is snatching at any chance, as he knows not many will ever come - Dyche played 442 with Burnley ..... his brand of the long ball game is ideal for Beto & DCL - to get a goalscoring partnership going .....
Dunno, think we often get quite a lot of bodies in the box, normally the opposite winger, DCL, the No.10 and one of either Jimmy or Onana. The issue I often think is that we rely on that being out only way in - get it wide and swing it in - so when we don't have the personnel for it to be effective we lack teeth

Dunno, think we often get quite a lot of bodies in the box, normally the opposite winger, DCL, the No.10 and one of either Jimmy or Onana. The issue I often think is that we rely on that being out only way in - get it wide and swing it in - so when we don't have the personnel for it to be effective we lack teeth
One we have no creative midfielder with the class to slide rule a pass to create a goal -2 - we tend to play long ball - 3 Beto & DCL could run between the run the lines left or right - not staying static in the middle as you state getting in each other's way - With Dwight O'Neil now injured - it's an ideal time to give the partnership a chance - hoping DCL ban is lifted that is ...

Having just DCL upfront on his own and playing wide is not going to bring him in to score goals. It is easy for defences to pick him off which is why I think there should be some one up there to give defences more to think about.
That's normally Doucoure isnt it, we really do miss him, and so does Dom as well.

Think there is a bit of recency bias about Dom being isolated and the need for us to go two up top. Earlier in the season there were plenty of bodies around him and we were (and still are, just not as much) creating a lot of chances for him.

I wouldn't want to play Beto and Dom - neither do enough off the ball or are mobile enough and we can't carry them both - and teams will overrun our midfield if we don't have a no 10 who can do some donkey work in front of Onana and Garner.

Think cover for Doucoure is defo needed - a proper second striker - the Alvarez to Haaland, Ashley Barnes to Chris Wood. Don't think any team has been successful in modern era playing 4-4-2 with two targetmen up top. Variety needed

That's normally Doucoure isnt it, we really do miss him, and so does Dom as well.

Think there is a bit of recency bias about Dom being isolated and the need for us to go two up top. Earlier in the season there were plenty of bodies around him and we were (and still are, just not as much) creating a lot of chances for him.

I wouldn't want to play Beto and Dom - neither do enough off the ball or are mobile enough and we can't carry them both - and teams will overrun our midfield if we don't have a no 10 who can do some donkey work in front of Onana and Garner.

Think cover for Doucoure is defo needed - a proper second striker - the Alvarez to Haaland, Ashley Barnes to Chris Wood. Don't think any team has been successful in modern era playing 4-4-2 with two targetmen up top. Variety needed
The other lot have 3 strikers .....Salah - Nunes & Jota or another - when they go forward they pass not hoof it like we do ....