2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

As I watched the game last night and saw the few hopeful crosses that were thrown into the box giving DCL no chance of getting anything at all on them I thought back to when he was having his purple patch under Ancellotti.

He had decent crosses coming in on a regular basis from Digne on the left and Rodriquez on the right , no wonder he was able to score then and not score now.

I think he leads the line really well without scoring goals, but I think prime Rooney would struggle to score goals in our team at present, we are just not a creative team and lack genuinely creative players.

As I watched the game last night and saw the few hopeful crosses that were thrown into the box giving DCL no chance of getting anything at all on them I thought back to when he was having his purple patch under Ancellotti.

He had decent crosses coming in on a regular basis from Digne on the left and Rodriquez on the right , no wonder he was able to score then and not score now.

I think he leads the line really well without scoring goals, but I think prime Rooney would struggle to score goals in our team at present, we are just not a creative team and lack genuinely creative players.
His best chance came, not from a pass, but from a defensive error from the press and the ball ran free which he ran on to. Lack creativity is right.

But he does also need to do better with some of the chances he is getting.

Played so well when his place was under threat from Beto, but has dropped off recently and looks tentative in front of goal.

Don't think recent form is indicative of any deeper underlying issues with his quality, but do think he should be dropped for Beto. Tbh been a bit disappointed with how Dyche has used Beto and think starting him more often would motivate DCL to perform

Played so well when his place was under threat from Beto, but has dropped off recently and looks tentative in front of goal.

Don't think recent form is indicative of any deeper underlying issues with his quality, but do think he should be dropped for Beto. Tbh been a bit disappointed with how Dyche has used Beto and think starting him more often would motivate DCL to perform

For me they should both be playing but Dyche would have to adopt 4-4-2 or4-3-3, something that gives us 2 forwards.

For me they should both be playing but Dyche would have to adopt 4-4-2 or4-3-3, something that gives us 2 forwards.
Disagree, too similar in what positions they like to take up and would end up getting in eachothers way imho. Personally think Dyche has it right playing an energetic second striker/no.10 in behind them to do their dirty work and make those third man runs to create space and wouldn't play both unless we are chasing the game, otherwise keep em separate

But have to be used more shrewdly, Beto is far more effective against defensive teams who sit deep so should start in them, DCL more of a threat on the counter when teams leave space in behind

Disagree, too similar in what positions they like to take up and would end up getting in eachothers way imho. Unless we are chasing the game, should keep em separate

But have to be used more shrewdly, Beto is far more effective against defensive teams who sit deep so should start in them, DCL more of a threat on the counter when teams leave space in behind

Having just DCL upfront on his own and playing wide is not going to bring him in to score goals. It is easy for defences to pick him off which is why I think there should be some one up there to give defences more to think about.

That just about sums that feller up last night: caught mid-way letting his top knot down to tie up again and reluctantly running after a through ball for him.

What a professional.

FFS, imagine Brian Clough with him.

Disagree, too similar in what positions they like to take up and would end up getting in eachothers way imho. Personally think Dyche has it right playing an energetic second striker/no.10 in behind them to do their dirty work and make those third man runs to create space and wouldn't play both unless we are chasing the game, otherwise keep em separate

It's better effect of two Liverpool play with 3 forwards - when we get wide - just look next time how many blue shirts are in the box 1 DCL with two defenders on him - if he was getting 3 clear cur chances per game OK - one every blue moon - he is snatching at any chance, as he knows not many will ever come - Dyche played 442 with Burnley ..... his brand of the long ball game is ideal for Beto & DCL - to get a goalscoring partnership going .....