2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

He has dropped off with application and doesn't look much of a threat recently. His heading ( although he wins a few) are not directional or should I say not controlled. He is well off it to the point of being dropped. The red card although unfair is hopefully a blessing for us. We can only wait and see. If not then is does not disguise the fact that we need better

Not a red. I hope we appeal, but as someone earlier mentioned, the PL almost has to uphold the red or the whole thing will look pretty silly for the PL. Incidentally, does the referee have the option for yellow there once it goes to VAR or must he simply decide between red or not?
Remember, Son got his red overturned when he took out Gomes’s ankle. All Dom had to do was cry on the way off!

I hope I get to vault this.

Made so many runs today and was played through on the ground once. Ran tirelessly but is never found.

Can’t catch a break.

Be a HUGE miss for us
Exactly how would you get to vault this??
By scoring 3 goals in 3 games on his return?? I know he will do that but that will be 3 in 15 gsmes, not good enough nowhere near good enough!

He offers zero at the minute absolutely nothing.

Sick of hearing about excuses for the lad ‘can’t catch a break’ at the same time you’re probably laughing you head off at Darwin Nunzez saying he’s garbage Because he misses at hatful if chances ever week

Made so many runs today and was played through on the ground once. Ran tirelessly but is never found.

Can’t catch a break.

Be a HUGE miss for us

He was offside for most of them, there was one I remember he made a decent run and the ball was overtired, even that I think he offside.

Excuses calvert lewin

Can’t catch a break.

Be a HUGE miss for us
Most of our through balls are so over hit he never stands a chance.

Should have done better with that chance he ran through for though.

But, the difference he has made since he came back fit, he may not have scored lots, but he creates space for others to score loads. No surprise that our highest scorer in the last year is Doucoure, who is playing as the second striker and finding the space that DCL has created.

Why do our fan base not want to criticise DCL??

I know he looks good and probably smells good but he stinks as a striker.

I love Dom, we play so much better than him. However he has this weird knack of getting into decent positions and then pea rolling his shot along the ground with no power. I wish he would just smash his laces through it! He’s desperate for a goal, the miss against Newcastle for a yard out will probably still haunt him. An awful finish.

Exactly how would you get to vault this??
By scoring 3 goals in 3 games on his return?? I know he will do that but that will be 3 in 15 gsmes, not good enough nowhere near good enough!

He offers zero at the minute absolutely nothing.

Sick of hearing about excuses for the lad ‘can’t catch a break’ at the same time you’re probably laughing you head off at Darwin Nunzez saying he’s garbage Because he misses at hatful if chances ever week
How many creative chances do we make for any of our forwards ? - they come at a premium - & I admit the ones that do come to DCL he fluffs maybe because he knows he ain't going to get that many chances - if he was missing 305 chances a game the yes he has lost the plot - but he is lucky if we make one chance game or him - Beto looks more of a handful I admit, but his back to goal play is not as good as DCL skill wise - We play a long ball game, so why has Dyche not experimented with the pair of them upfront?

I am a big fan of his but there is no doubt that there is just no confidence at the moment. It is the old cliche, he needs one to go in off his backside and then hopefully can hit a bit of form.

I still there is application and effort there but maybe there is a fitness doubt, when you have had as many different niggly injuries it surely enters your head, and then when you come back and don't score for a while those doubts get louder in the head.

Still have a belief that he can get to a level where he is not only effective in our style of play but also contributing to the goal tally as well.

He has dropped off with application and doesn't look much of a threat recently. His heading ( although he wins a few) are not directional or should I say not controlled. He is well off it to the point of being dropped. The red card although unfair is hopefully a blessing for us. We can only wait and see. If not then is does not disguise the fact that we need better
It's a mental thing with him. Players don't just lose their skillset as it's a muscle memory thing so he can still do what he did. At the moment though he just doesn't seem too have that real desire to really threaten a goalkeeper or a defender. Id hope that the club has some sort of sports psychologist and they are doing a few sessions with him.

He hasn’t had any confidence for the past two seasons fed up of waiting for him to come good. He has not had the service he had when James was playing that’s the difference.